How should I connect this head to this cab?

lee_mulcahy

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2011
So my mate has just bought a Blackstar HT-50 and was hoping to use it with his cab from his old line 6 setup, I don't have much experience with valve amps and we don't want to risk damaging the amp by messing around without knowing exactly what we are doing! so can anyone here advise us if it is possible to use these together and if so how we should connect them?

Amp outputs:
IMG_20130403_175005.jpg

Cab inputs:
IMG_20130403_175043.jpg

Cheers guys!

Its not possible. Those particular line 6 cabs are made for stereo 8 ohm solid state power amps, which unless you had a 4 ohm tap on your amp, which you don't, there is no way you can run that safely.

There is one thing you can do though, you can plug the one 8 ohm tap into the right jack on the cabinet. You will only have sound from two of the speakers, but your amp would be loaded correctly.

I am pretty sure they are using 16 ohm speakers, which means that you rewire the left and right side to series, then when you use just the mono, you get a single 16 ohm input. You won't get to use the stereo out as each would be 32 ohms, but since most tube amps aren't stereo I don't see the issue. You could always look around for aftermarket jacks that allow you to get 8 ohm stereo, 4 ohm mono and 16 ohm mono.

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I get it, this video seems to show what I need to do to wire the cab in series parallel in order to get a single 16ohm input?

Last edited by a moderator: