Impedance/Ohm question... 2x12 cab to amps

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi there

So I'm totally noob in the impedance question and I have to connect my amps to a 2x12" cab. Here we go...

The first amp is Engl Savage 120. Speaker outs available are 2x4 ohms, 2x8 ohms and 1x16 ohms.

The second one is a Bugera 333XL. 2 speaker outs available and a selector for 4 ohms, 8 ohms and 16 ohms.

The cab is Harley Benton G212 Vintage (V30's) 60 watts, 8 ohm impedence. There are 2 inputs: 8 ohms (left) and 16 ohms (right). And we can choose between two positions: 8 ohms mono (the left side) and 16 ohms stereo (the right side)

To be sure it's safe and the sound is good, etc... My questions are:
How can I connect the cab to the Engl?
And how can I connect the cab to the Bugera?

I never understood these things so I thank you guys for giving some tips!

I also get confused here. One day I was going to run my rig in stereo, but the 2 cabs were 16 ohm and 8 ohm and I was afraid to damage stuff so I just didnt do anything.

according to the manual of the savage (http://www.engl-amps.com/cms/uploads/tx_ddfproducts/OM_E610_Savage_120.pdf page 10)
"one 8Z cabinet to a 8ohm jack"

so for the engl: cable from one of the 2 8ohm outputs to the left input of the cabinet (8ohm mono)
for the bugera select 8ohms and also plug in to the left 8ohm input of the cab

if you use the right input you have to select 16ohm but there will be only sound from one speaker.
you can plug in another head on the other input if you select "stereo" and run 2 heads into the cab (has also to have a 16ohms output in that case)

think I got it right. stuff confused me at first too ;)

Yeah thanks Mago, it helps a lot!
I did researches on the web and I got some very specific info that are a bit difficult to understand (for a newbie like me!)

BTW, your band is truly awesome man! I'm gonna spread the word ;)