Laney Ironheart Studio connection with 2x12 cab

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
anyone know how I should connect the laney into my genz benz g flex 2x12 cab? The Laney has wither 8 or 16ohms and my G Flex has two inputs: left and right stereo which is 8 ohms or a the right one can be mono as well at 4ohms. I'm not sure how I can hook the Laney up properly with this setup seeing how the mono input is 4 ohms

Here is a pic of the back plate on the G Flex cab

tpkvivbqmgaxcxmh1tyw.jpg

oh well in that case its either run the 16 ohm out into the 4 ohm in on the cab or to rewire the cab.

AFAIK you should be ok running an 8 ohm output into a 4 ohm input but ideally, hate to say it, flip the GB and get yourself a proper Mesa or equivalent if you want to match ohms between them.

(Just an FYI for everyone else, the Ironheart studio only has one mono output rated at 16/8 ohms)

it's okay now. My cab does have a 16 ohm mono input as well. So I just go 16ohm out on the amp into the 16 ohm on the cab.

Ok so that's not a picture of your particular cab? I saw this of a GB gflex in my search:

IMG_1758.jpg

In which case yes you're ok. Seems odd to me in this day and age that Laney would only throw a single output on there but I guess it does say studio on it. $599 new for a single speaker out seems odd to me.:lol:

yeah either 8 or 16 ohm single output for the Laney. My Gflex is the the same as the pic you posted.