How should I get back on my feet again?

TheInsane

Jul 14, 2008
Sweden
www.entercanopy.com
Ok making a long story short:

* I had a lovely gf in England.
* We broke up over half a year ago.
* She announced that she was engaged in a sort of fast weird thing with some new guy.
* I was crushed and has been since.

I just dont know what Im supposed to do to feel better. I have spoken to a couple of friends who has helped me. I started to run to clear my mind. Of course I got into great shape as well (and now none of my pants fit anymore). I've been looking into doing something else rather than the boring mailman thing for a living and Im in the process of finishing some college courses as well. But I just cant seem to get out of my sad mood.

I emotionally detached myself from anything Swedish for a while since I was getting ready to move to England and my gf. When that didnt happen I feel like I have nothing left. I've been pondering if I should move to England anyway but not to my ex's city (of course). I still love the country, that I know since I've been there after things ended between us. That would truly start something all new but Im not sure I would do it for the right reasons.

So I dont know if I actully expect much serious replies, allthough that would be nice. I just wanted to write down my feeling and get some feedback because so much feels so hopeless right now.

Well, if you had that move planned, go ahead. Make a list of things you want to do, college sounds good, or a new job, anything there is and see how you could make it happen, in Sweden or elsewhere.
Go out, or get any kind of hobby, anything that can fill a few hours per week. After you've found a few things you'll see how your life has changed and how a new girl would fit nicely into that new life ;)
Your life and your plans already changed a lot, why not go through with more radical plans and changes while you're at it?

bah that sucks man... best way to get over a chick is find another... if their good enough they'll make u forget about the old one... i understand u want her... buuut she's kind of out of reach now man... shes getting married...

Yeah, things do suck for me right now. She was also my best friend. My only friend I could tell anything and everything ever. I have a couple of people I can open up to now as well but not like I had with my ex. It sucks so bad and I dont even know if she want to keep in touch. We have only spoken 3 times since they got engaged but its got something to do that everytime she writes me I cant handle it. I break down.

It would be nice to move but its a huge step and I did buy my flat I have now. If it was a rental it wouldnt be so hard to decide to leave it. And also moving to my ex'd country might be a crazy thing to do. I wouldnt move to get her back but to go after the other part of the dream - the part I can still have but I wonder if its worth it because the two dreams were interconnected so much.

A new job is a must though I think. I will finish my CV tomorrow and send out some feelers on adds and such.

I have a few hobbies and its nice while Im concentrating on them but I often fall right to depression back when I dont do anything.

And I dont meet women easily. Im shy and not self-confident when it comes to my looks and I know Im not the kind of guy most women drool over. And being shy I rarely get to show my personality either so its a lose/lose situation.

I really need to get back on my feet but I just dont know how...

I never really dream about real life stuff or people. Of course I woke up early today and I had dreamt of my ex. For whatever reason I was doing the dishes and was vacumcleaning her house. Fuck... Now I have her as real as ever in my head from the moment I woke up :(