How the fuck did we wind up here?

Where ya from?

• Total voters
lol @ you guys and lol @ the poll choices
I voted for all of them.

As much as I'd like to lie and make up a fantastic story...I have to be honest and say I'm here because of Nick. Prior to that it was the Opeth forum...before it quickly spiralled out of control

As much as I'd like to lie and make up a fantastic story...I have to be honest and say I'm here because of Nick.

About this time I had a convo with Nick on AIM and I asked, "who the fuck invited Dorian, Moonlapse, and all these other Opeth fucktards?" He replied, "I did."

BME aside, that's about as awkward a moment as one person can have on the net.

Though, there was the time when thinking I was typing to a chum, I mistakenly begin typing racial epithets in my bosses AIM window. Thankfully I caught it before pressing "send".

Jonathan, you know I love the shit out of you today, so please don't take that factoid the wrong way. :dopey:

:lol: @ that story
The only thing I remember about Moonlapse being here was he just bitched and moaned about the Opeth forum and as soon as they asked him to be a moderator, he left skid marks getting back there so fast

jaykeeley invited me as a staff writer for royal carnage in 2002 iirc

I met Mark, Jason and Ali at ProgPower 3 (or 4). I had on an UltimateMetal t-shirt that Deron had sent me. Mark asked if I was a staff writer. I said no, that I post as General Zod. They all recognized the nick from the Nevermore, Opeth and ProgPower forums. So we got to chatting... etc. etc. etc. At that time, the only "extreme" Metal I was listening to was Opeth and In Flames. They told me to check out their zine and forum. Ironically, this forum has probably had a greater impact on my musical tatses, than anything else I can think of. Which is probably the reason I tend to disappear for a bit every so often. It's fairly depressing to see what this place has become.

Zod

Raventalegate.

I woke up one Sunday morning to find that 10+ separate orders for the same cd had come in. Seeing that it was one of the more obscure titles I had at the time, I assumed it was some sort of scam. Turns out it was a result of an RC reco from JayKeely. He then invited me to stop by and the rest is history.
Ha! That happened because I posted his music here first! I demand a share!

I came here after reading Erik's posts on GMD refering to Susperia: "GTFOORC!!!".

While attending HC2 we noticed a group of overly excited middle aged adult males drinking tons of booze and yelling all sorts of slogans every 15 seconds or so. Thats how I found out about RC.

I was/am a member on Arg.com, and I don't know how much longer that's going to last. A couple of people told me to come here, so I'm trying it out. :)