How the hell is this possible?

That's pretty bad, and that guitar solo is as worse as my playing, didn't know that
somebody else is that bad :D

A few guys I know here did something like that, they got the money from
their rich dads and went to a big studio, but nobody there has ever done something
heavier as deep purple and they wanted to record their metalcore/deathcore
stuff.
Spent like 7500 euros for a week or so and it just sounded like the guitars
were recorded through the smallest version of a line6 spider, but it was a
roadking and a peavey jsx with a mesa 4x12...

that sounds exactly like someone just put a microphone in the middle of the room and recorded it that way.

oh god... I feel like ramming my head into an icepick after hearing this.
seriously, a line6 toneport and half a month experience will give you better results than this.

EDIT: no wait, I know what this sounds like. This sounds like someone recorded this song with a camera microphone at a live concert.

i was going to say it's a metal zone pedal, but even those sound better than that:lol:

Hahaha, I remember trying to "jam" with the guy about 2 years ago for the first time. He uses a 6505 + with a bunch of useless crap he doesn't know how to use like: a boss Metal Core, compressor, and overdrive.

Kids like these (well, they are almost all about a year older than me) very well do deserve to get ripped the fuck off like this. I bet they will shit their pants once they hear my demo, which I know won't even be on par with what most of you guys make here. Ignorance is bliss.. they said that they are very satisfied with the outcome solely because they went to a studio that is a part of Sony.

:lol:

Haha the right guitar really does sound like a kazoo. And the toms sound like someone kickin an old shoe box

The drums could be quite useable as they sound totally un-processed but that guitar tone is horrific! Wonder what the bass sounds like :loco:

This is fucking hilarious!
If they bought equipment worth $4,500 instead of spending it on some half-assed like that, they'd have much better sound...

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I would pay NOT to listen to this shitstorm!!
They may be talented and good musicians, but NO FUCKING WAY THIS IS ANYWHERE NEAR A PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTION! CERTAINLY NOT worth $4,500!!

If I where to describe the sound I'd use this sentence:

It sounds like someone is burning the devil's pubic hair while sacrificing a goat, recording it and playing it backwards, and at the same time; Virgin-rape is happening next door...

This was NOT, I repeat: NOOOOOT worth $4,500... If anything, THEY should get money for having their names used on the same MySpace-site as the songs...

This must be some kind of joke... No doubt...

Cheers,
MaaneGarm :kickass:

Sounds like one of my first recordings ever. In that session the guitarist was playing metal and made me use the line out from his valve valvetronics(or somthing similar to that). The tone is almost identical.

+1

but honestly, bands that go to studios like that solely based on a big name almost deserve this. I can assume this studio had no previous experience with metal bands. Such a dumb reason to record somewhere.

But that is by far the worst recording quality to price ratio i've ever heard. It's so bad that i almost dont believe it(although i'm sure you're not lying)

That, and

lolh4x.JPG

The Pinky and the Brian.

p.s this is nothing against Joey. I've just been wanting to make that image for fucking ages.

With 4500$, I would have bought some good mics (I still have to rent when bands I record really asks for totally natural drums (I normally only borrow 2 OH mics for cymbals and use pads for the rest, or 100% programmed)), some more preamps to complement my Firestudio Project, and would have recorded everything myself... Maybe paid for reamping with my good-quality DIs.

Paying 4500$ for this crap... Can't believe it... It's not even funny, it's kind of... sad.