How to buy these boxes you stand up on stage ?

nico007p

New Metal Member
Feb 14, 2010
Hey,
Can't manage to find any website that sells them and can't find out what they're called.
I don't even know if there is a section in this forum about this kind of issue ...
Anyway thanks

It's either a riser or the monitor. You can buy premade risers but if you build them it's a lot cheaper. If I'm honest unless you have roadies you probably don't need or want that sort of extra stuff to carry around.

Just go nuts and make a giant runway that goes all around the band, then run around like Bruce Dickinson doing laps.:D

I know a band around here that made some of their own, they flash lights and stuff. It's cool, I suppose. I myself just prefer putting my foot up on the monitor, or going up onto the drum riser if it is available.

A lot of bands that play the venue I work bring aluminum risers built pretty much like their drum risers with removable legs, but obviously much smaller. We call them EGO RISERS. Falling In Reverse cracked me up because the whole front of the stage was lined with ego risers.

Having removable legs is very beneficial to the pack.

I think in the staging industry these would be usually called 'stage risers'. Time for some googlin'!!!

I"ve always heard them referred to as "ego boxes". Every band I've ever seen use them has made them from scratch.

Yep, ego boxes or stage boxes, here.

I see bands all the time using them, usually the singer brings it as part of his/her "gear." There's a kid locally that makes them with lighting inside them, make me lulz when I see these crappy bands on stage using them... in fact, last week I went to a show where the "headlining" band used them and it made him so tall that he hit his head several times on the ceiling. T'was quite entertaining, especially since he's a super douche and his band sucks :eek:

wii-fit_1_lg.jpg

I'm used to seeing ego ramps but I've only ever seen risers for bands where the second row of guys are on risers so the audience can see them. I literally don't understand why you need to bring your own personal stage to stand on on a stage. What are you a conductor?