How to copy a sound?

throw the ibanez out the window and buy a proper guitar
Like?

Duncan JB and Jazz are great for everything.
Thanks. It also seems like the DiMarzio Tone Zone, Evolution and Paf are very popular. But judging Youtube videos the Tone Zones seem a bit noisy.

I guess, I'll listen/research a bit more.

So i phoned all the nearby shops and two of them don't replace pickups and one of them wants a ridiculous amount of money for it.

How difficult is it really changing the pickups? For someone with not much soldering experience?

With regards to Duncans, anyone on here prefer the Blackouts??

I think i'm starting to sway towards their sound for certain styles of metal...

So i phoned all the nearby shops and two of them don't replace pickups and one of them wants a ridiculous amount of money for it.

How difficult is it really changing the pickups? For someone with not much soldering experience?

Real easy if you're just swapping a passive for a passive.

If its passive to an active swap then obviously you have to replace all the electronics, which is a good bit more fiddly.

I recently changed passive for active and I think it´s just as easy... When you change passive to passive you have to consider the different color codes of the different manufacturers, which can be tricky if you buy more "exotic" pickups and you´ve got no instructions. Switching from passives to EMGs is a no-brainer. You don´t even have to solder! Put connector A to pin B and so on.

Cheers marcus, i really need to get these onto my monitors at home and make a decision, like i've said before, i mostly read this stuff at work where we can't listen to audio or watch vids... but i'll have to have a check through these comparison threads