Sloan

Sounds like shit!
Oct 22, 2006
Atlanta, GA
www.sloanstewart.com
diy_speakerstands_woahow.jpg

TOTAL COST = $27.94 usd

MATERIALS NEEDED:
2x Plano 4-Tier Freestanding Shelf (from WAL-MART)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8251816
These were $13.97 each at my local store.

As you can see, I only needed three tiers to reach an almost perfect height for positioning my monitors.
I used the extra ones to make a two tiered shelf for my closet. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Also, I bought some felt furniture slidey things and put them under each monitor to reduce vibration. I think they really help. I used to get a lot of sub shit and could really feel it, and now everything sounds almost too "thin" or something in comparison. Hopefully it will translate to better mixes and I won't have to worry so much about the bass. I was always having too much fucking kick drum etc...

BACKSTORY:
I was freaking out because I just moved here yesterday and need speaker stands. I thought I would have to build some, but I suck ass at building anything.
While in WAL-MART, I was already looking at shelves for putting TONS OF SHIT upon and realized that I could just put my monitors on a shelf if I could find some that were not too and huge.

These are small and the height measurement with all tiers on is 48.25". I had already measured from the floor to my ears when sitting in my chair and it's almost exactly 45". BAM! My brain was almost vaporized and I was like FUCK YEAH BRO.

It can hold my SPEAKZ and OTHER STUFF!!!
LOV IT!

Haha, and such a classy looking solution to boot :lol: But hey, function over form! Though I would suggest that they're just a bit far apart, unless you like typing with your arms fully outstretched ;)

I know, I've got to tweak the positioning and such, but i haven't gotten around to it yet. I know nothing here is going to be perfect since I can't treat the room or anything anyway. It's already better than it was at the last place though!