How to get more "crunch" on guitars?

Unfortunately I can't get SoundClick to play anything... balls... but I'll try the stock run-through.

What EQ have you applied? If you've low-passed or shelved the highs, there's part of the problem.

Where was the mic? If it was dark going in, try moving the mic or angling it differently; if it doesn't sound dark in the room you could get a lot out of putting the mic in a 'brighter' spot.

Have you tried using a multiband compressor to make highs seem more 'present' without boosting them?

Jeff

thanks for tips! Ill fiddel some more.. and the guitars (and bass) are Pod xt, so moving the mic would be hard!
jbroll: http://www.myspace.com/rampagerband
remember this is not my band, only me playing everything via POD xt and dfhs.. just preprod until we are ready to record a demo!

wow, my first post, hey man i've just listened to your songs...and the sound is huge...i love the guitar sound...
i have a podxt, so some tips about recording from you would be helpful, and a patch maybe? heh...thanx!

It sounds pretty good, I'd fiddle with multiband a bit but you're on a really good track. Also, I'd consider impulses if you haven't tried them yet, they kick the shit out of POD cab sims. Really sounds like you got good stuff going, though, so you don't need to do much to it.

Jeff

Thank you for kind words! I tried impulses in 1000 different ways, but ended up liking the cab sims on the POD better! :headbang:
I also tried to use a real Ibanez ts-9 in front instead of the TS sim, but the TS sim had more bass and punch! :headbang:

maybe my ears are bad, but Line 6 pawned them all! hehe..

Caress00: Ill post the patch soon,. dont know yet how to use the forum FTP... lol :loco:
OR send me a PM with your mail and ill send it to you! about recording tips: spent HOURES reading this forum, all I know have I learend from the good people around here!