How to get your band ready for the studio - part one

To be perfectly frank I think this could have the opposite of the intended effect. Are you actually trying to communicate to bands what to do to prep for the studio or are you just venting for the benefit/entertainment of fellow AEs? If I were in a band and watched this video it would honestly make me look elsewhere to record.

To be perfectly frank I think this could have the opposite of the intended effect. Are you actually trying to communicate to bands what to do to prep for the studio or are you just venting for the benefit/entertainment of fellow AEs? If I were in a band and watched this video it would honestly make me look elsewhere to record.

+1

Very funny indeed but can have opposite affects on the bands :/ It's not always great to be that honest haha

^ I did think this too to be honest, as hilarious as it is I can't imagine alot of bands would be overly thrilled about it, or more specifically bassists. It's all true, just possibly said in too much of a brutally honest way :D

After 15 years in the game, quite honestly, I couldn't give a fuck if bands don't like it. If they feel they can get better results elsewhere, good for them. Then maybe I won't have to deal with so many idiots. I'm saying what's on my mind, and if the big, tough, heavy metal bass player gets butt-hurt over it, maybe he should learn how to play.

Surprisingly, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. A lot of "I'm showing this to my bass player right now" sort of messages are coming in on my FB.

The problem isn't that I'm brutally honest, it's that the rest of you guys are afraid to tell the truth. :fu:

In which case I applaud you, make sure they show their drummers the acoustic drums for metal thread also :D. I wish i'd of known that existed when I was with my old band. bloody druumers.

If someone were to be seriously offended by this video, I really wouldn't want to work with them anyway. A sense of humor is very important, and I don't tiptoe on eggshells very well.... I'd just wind up saying something offensive during a session.

...I also just paid off my house. I'm at the point where I can pick & choose my projects. I do feel bad for the guys who have to do this full time as it's incredibly difficult to make a living at it. If you can pay your bills & afford to buy new gear with what you make in your studio, my hat is off to you. Your tolerance for bullshit must be endless.

:lol: This is awesome. Can't wait for part 2.
I think I'm gonna show it to some of my clients. Don't really give a shit if they get offended.

Thanks sir!

So far youre describing a band I'm working...no, was working with (long story) recently.

The only things that dont apply, and I do mean the ONLY things, are the bass player has a nice bass and hes a gobby opinionated twat. Voicing his Rock Star Opinion level: 99. Knowing the fucking songs and being able to play worth a fuck level: 0.

Yes, I even punched in a really fucking simple riff in half-bar chunks because he couldnt mute.

But, hey, hes got a good warwick.

Kudos to you for putting this out. I wouldnt, for fear of driving away bands, even if I know I'm just driving away retards. If every single band round here that wasnt populated by retards came to me to record, and no bands populated by retards came to me, I would be out of business in a month. I love the idea of it, and if I could drive away the retards I'd do it with a fucking flamethrower, but I cant :(