How to sustain bass drop bomb?

Deathell

Mar 27, 2010
@ 1:48

Can this be done with just an 808 kick or does it involve some other technique in the process? The bass drop sustained and trailed off pretty much like a natural nuclear bomb :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I do when I don't have a sample long enough:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey 006 thanks for sharing, I was looking around at some of Ahj's tutorials the other day but didn't come across it. Very helpful.

like a natural nuclear bomb :devil:

You know, before I'd try to use sine waves(sometimes I'd add distortion to them), pitch shifted kick drums or toms and all sorts of things and they were never beefy enough. I just figured "it sounds like a bomb, lets put in a bomb" and it sounded fantastic. My brother works with sound designers and such, so fortunately for me he had a nice sample in his library, but experiment with it and see if it works for you. I only wanted to emulate devon townsend when I did it and I don't know if that's the right way going about it or not, but it seemed to work.

I can't remember where else I used it, but here's where I used it in the intro my band uses live. This is the first version of it and it's changed a lot, but I can't really find the actual mix(it was on my old computer that died whilst it was being backed up!) but here's an example of it in action(it's right at the end at 1:47): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2161748/RoughMixIntro(1).mp3