how to use impulses?

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
hello there...

i search on the forum but i didnt find the help i need..

well how do i aply the impulses and what softwares shoud i use?

i want to use them for the guitars that ir recorded with a tube amp
( home made )

you can use Waves R1, Voxengo Prestine Space or Voxengo Boogex (the last one is free), or Altiverb (cost a lot of money)

jjust open the impulse response in there - and youl see what to do next...

fistula said:
you can use Waves R1, Voxengo Prestine Space or Voxengo Boogex (the last one is free), or Altiverb (cost a lot of money)

jjust open the impulse response in there - and youl see what to do next...

and my guitar tracks... i have to put it in voxengo pristine? and the i put the impulse?

thnks

felipe-x said:
and my guitar tracks... i have to put it in voxengo pristine? and the i put the impulse?

thnks

Pristine Space is a VST-Plugin. You can use it inside cubase but, I guess you should read the manual... to figure it out.
btw: you better use boogex as it's freeware and it seems you don't know what you're doing yet, and PS is 119$ (But if you have too much money, you can buy PS as well :saint: )
The mighty google is a good starting point if you are new to recording: try searching for "impulse response"
or similar. It will sure take a lot of time reading but it will help you get better.

hope i could help you...

Let's say at home you can't crank the amp, what can you do to have a good cobra sound?
Just do an impulse out of the amp at your rehearsal space, at home record the send of the amp without needing to crankin' it up.
Apply the impulse to the raw/fizzy/shitty track and voilà, now you got a great tone without the neighbourhood going crazy

I have no problem to crank my cobra at home becouse I have my little studio here, but if I understand with impulses I can record the cobra with the emulated output directly in my pc without mic the cab...is right?

O yes....I plug the guitar into my head and then record only the preamp with the line out of my head in my pc...but with a di box or direct?

play this sine sweep through the poweramp.
Pay attention to the low end, prior to recording listen to the sine at a low volume and then raise it till it won't blow your speaker, then record.
Record it and then load it in Waves IR.
You can load from impulse or from sweep, anyway choose "load impulse from sweep file" something like that....

Oh yes, you are right..return...
Maurizio, thanks a lot for the infos..when I'll have the time I'll record this impulse of my cobra head.
Today I have to test the sound of my new 4*12 std recto cabinet!