Tube Screamer impulses inside.

Apr 21, 2007
I made these impulses. I find them useful and maybe you will too. :D

http://minus.com/l9S6aGNI8OneN

ReadMe contents:
Code:
6:32 AM 3/26/2008

Here are some impulses I made if the TS9 Ibanez Tube Screamer.
It is a 1993 model with JRC-4558 op-amp and TS808 resistor mod (470>100, 100k>10k).

Hope they work for you. 
These impulses can be useful for Re-Amping or for emulators / amp sims like 
Voxengo Boogex or IK Amplitube.
I would not use these impulses directly in Boogex (even though you might 
get some interesting tones).
I would use something like SIR, Altiverb, Sonic Foundry Acoustic Modler, etc. 
BEFORE the amp sim, or before a real Re-amped amp like you would with a real TS9.

Numbering scheme:
TS9-xxx-yyy-zzz
Drive=xxx, Tone=yyy, Level=zzz
(note: level at 100 for all impulses)

Thanks and goodnight!

--- tarnationsauce2 ---
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/member.php?u=74878

Doesn't a tube screamer add harmonics to the tone? If so then these impulses would really help as Impulses can't add harmonics.
As with any impulse of any gear, the harmonic information isn't really there. That is the main drawback that I've found about any impulse response (including speaker cabs). Impulses cannot do non-linear effects (like compression and distortion).
The impulses are mostly useful for EQ shaping, and some Tube Screamer mojo.
For the impulses to react closest like a real TS9, you would want to use pretty low Drive (where the real pedal stays mostly linear). But that is OK for the way most guys around here use a Tube Screamer as a mid-boost compressor and THD created in the Amplifier.

those come in real nice with revalver II. i use them in front of the rectifier together with a single triode (for the extra gain a real ts gives). sounds just good! thanks a lot.
EDIT: although the ts' secret is better ;)

those come in real nice with revalver II. i use them in front of the rectifier together with a single triode (for the extra gain a real ts gives). sounds just good! thanks a lot.
EDIT: although the ts' secret is better ;)

Have to go along with that...the BTE TS's Secret is really nice. Thanks to Wild Hades for tipping me off to that one!

But, these impulses are really nice, and sound good! An interesting idea. Thanks for sharing!

ahh i think things like cab impulses are a waste of time, i hate them, i'v never been able to get a tone to sound as real as i want it.. i've never been satisfied with one before.
wat i do love tho, are impulses of spaces. i've found some good hall ones for example to use on toms, and some nice room ones that have helped thicken my guitar tone but without u noticing it.

i dunno..