Impulse FAQ :)

What happens when you add an impulse to a mic'd guitar track?

Why does nobody talks about the waves IR1 for the impulses??

You get a very boomy tone. Try it, and see if you like it. You could be a trend-setter someday, you know:headbang:

Waves IR1 = very expensive + cpu fetish.

Try it :heh:
It would take less time for you to try it than it takes one of us to respond to a question like that.

ok buddy, didn't want to make you loose your time, maybe the same time it took to you making the quote, but it is ok it was a funny joke and i am a newey
so :headbang:

Ok, I am going to try it!

Oh and for SlipkyesBass, Gracias por el español amigo

just don't run gearbox.. haha.

record from inputs 1 or 2, not 3 or 4.

thanks,

So.. I'm new to this. Someone help me get started.

Running a Mac. I have Ableton and Garageband.

I need:

1. A good soundcard/interface- what's good? Line6? Maudio?
2. Impulses
3. Should I get monitors? Which ones are good for guitar recordings?
4. CurveEQ's that work well with 5150s

Anything else?

Any help and recommendations would be appreciated!

I fucking love this place! I've been miking up my marshall cab and doing hours of takes for ages worrying about neighbours cause I'm cranking a valveking to try and get some good tone. This is such a godsend! Plus as I can record DI I can listen to my takes clean first to see if I might have made any mistakes that distortion could have hidden!

I fucking love this place! I've been miking up my marshall cab and doing hours of takes for ages worrying about neighbours cause I'm cranking a valveking to try and get some good tone. This is such a godsend! Plus as I can record DI I can listen to my takes clean first to see if I might have made any mistakes that distortion could have hidden!

there is plenty more tricks to learn off the forums here lionwing - stay tuned to the forums

hi guys, i posted this before but is it possible to create and impulse from a prerecorded guitar track?

I've tried searching and still not had any luck, but out of interest

15-inch Impulses and Adam D style 6-inch Impulses

Anyone know if any such impulses exist??

Well, I am using impulses for a while now and its cool.But actually what I wanted to ask is :
what is the best way the use them with Tone Port ? I tried different combinations but something is still missing(about the sound).
Can someone give me a step by step explanation ? Im using Reaper.

I've been messing with impulses for weeks now.... I've really put in a lot of hours but couldn't really get the sound I wanted.
I was constantly trying to combine mic positions etc. but it didn't work out.
So I decided to just try look for loose sounds, so no combinations,
and I must say this really worked for me...
So if your having trouble combining impulses, just go back to basics and use 1
Anyway, that's my 2 cents

Well, I am using impulses for a while now and its cool.But actually what I wanted to ask is :
what is the best way the use them with Tone Port ? I tried different combinations but something is still missing(about the sound).
Can someone give me a step by step explanation ? Im using Reaper.

isn't toneport a DI/Interface by Line6? What does the hardware have to do with impulses? you simply record the DI with the toneport, the impulses are software, and you need amp sim before the impulse loader