getting a lot of latency when useing guitarhacks impulses with boogex .......

Brady k

Punish Them
getting a lot of latency when useing guitarhacks impulses with boogex .

i have looked through the Impulse Faq sticky ,, , the guitar tone sounds really good on most of the impulses ,, but there is a lot of latency,,

i've never used impulses before , today is my first time useing them ,,
so i dont know if i am doing somthing wrong,,

thanks guys ,, i appreciate all the help !!

Cheers !

Hmm, you're not the first to mention latency with Boogex, but I don't get any, and I didn't have to configure anything to get it that way. Does the latency only show up when you apply Boogex, or is it there without it?

Well the free version of SIR has inherent latency, which is uber-lame - what's your signal chain if you're using both Boogex AND SIR? o_O

hi. I have a pretty quick rig. OVerclocked Q6600 @ 3.4 ghz. FSB is 1600+, 4 gigts ram oc'd to 1000mhz.

Everything runs super smooth, but even I notice latency with Boogex. I kinda just wrote it off and use the built in revalver conv reverb

Strange, I have zero latency with Boogex - my virtual chain is TSS --> Wagner MkII --> Boogex, with nary a problem. I guess the most important thing to be sure of is whether the latency comes from Boogex or is there even when Boogex is disabled (which will of course sound like fried assholes cuz it's just the preamp signal), but if you say it works when you use the RIR in Revalver, then the plot thickens...

Are you guys talking about latency when playing in real time? or just when monitoring the output? Becouse i cant play guitar in realtime with boogex on the output without latency, It would be as hell if i could though.

I'm like you Marcus. You know I'm all virtual amps these days, and use Boogex extensively. I use Boogex both during recording-monitoring and playback/mixing.Like you, I never have a problem other than maybe having my buffers set too high. But that has nothing to do with Boogex. And my system is underpowered by current standards (single 3.4GHz processor w/ 1GB memory). Strange that some people, even with much faster computers, are having latency issues.

to the OP: Your comp isn't performing. I don't care what your specs are.

~006

I'm like you Marcus. You know I'm all virtual amps these days, and use Boogex extensively. I use Boogex both during recording-monitoring and playback/mixing.Like you, I never have a problem other than maybe having my buffers set too high. But that has nothing to do with Boogex. And my system is underpowered by current standards (single 3.4GHz processor w/ 1GB memory). Strange that some people, even with much faster computers, are having latency issues.

Damn im using a Dell XPS Dual core with 2 gigs of RAM and get latency when tracking with boogex. Noob question, How do i adjust my sample buffer to adjust for the latency? Im using nuendo.

Damn im using a Dell XPS Dual core with 2 gigs of RAM and get latency when tracking with boogex. Noob question, How do i adjust my sample buffer to adjust for the latency? Im using nuendo.

It's best to adjust it in the control panel of your interface/sound card - the absolute most you should have for tolerable real-time monitoring is 256 samples (~5 ms), but since my interface is FW and my computer stomps ass, I run it at 128 (~2.9 ms) with no problems.

It's best to adjust it in the control panel of your interface/sound card - the absolute most you should have for tolerable real-time monitoring is 256 samples (~5 ms), but since my interface is FW and my computer stomps ass, I run it at 128 (~2.9 ms) with no problems.

Yep. For tracking, no higher than 256. I usually use that, without any problems.