GuitarHacks IMPULSES!!!??

chuck1703

MYSPACE.COM/BURNINGSKIES
Apr 8, 2006
Bristol
I got the guitarhacks impulses sitting on my desktop, but to be honest, how do I use em, I've never tried impules before. What do you load them into? what is the process of when using impulses???
(Sorry for being a noob on this one, its just i've never actually covered this topic before)
Thanks

Chuck

1)get yourself a convolution reverb plug(SIR, pristinespace, etc.), and slap it on the track after whatever amp sim/preamp/whatever you're using

2)load the .wav for the impulse as the reverb impulse

3)rock out

hey chuck, what exactly is this impulses thing you are talking about used for? is it a VST like plugin?

an impulse is a super-short .wav file that re-creates the character of a given source

in this context, he's trying to use impulses that mimic the characteristics of guitar cabs...each of the guitarhack impulses is with a different cab, different speakers, and different mic combos/placements

this means that all you have to do to get a decent DI sound is plug your guitar in, use some sort of preamp or distortion modeler as the amp itself, then use the convo. reverb w/ cabinet impulse as the cab. since it's based off of the physical properties of the given source, it's much more realistic than "traditional" speaker simulation.

sorry guys.
I'm on here quit a bit to be honest, but never really seen anythin explained bout it, just rather impulses for download