How would you rate these actors?

johnnyboy

New Metal Member
Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new to this wonderful site and would like to ask everyone, how would you rate some of these fine actors in the scale of 1 to 10, and if you can be bothered then tell a reason, why you rated them that way too, ok here goes:
Johnny Depp
Sean Penn
Brad Pitt
Robert Redford
Tom Hanks
Jimmy Stewart
Russell Crowe
Marlon Brando
Robert De Niro
Edward Norton
Al Pacino
Kevin Spacey

Thanks!

Hey..
Al Pacino- Whooaa
Marlon Brando- Apocalypse now kicked ass
Edward Norton- American History X kicked ass

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Marlon Brando
Robert De Niro
Al Pacino (Pacino and De Niro tie)
Sean Penn
Kevin Spacey
Russell Crowe
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Robert Redford
Jimmy Stewart
Tom Hanks
Edward Norton

There ya go johnboy.

Edward Norton-last? Really..That bad? Oh well.

Thanks for the welcome.

i hate this new generation of actors: the dawson's creek, ryan philippe, jenn love hewitt, sarah michelle gellar, joshua jackson, trendfuck, preppy, appealing-to-the-lowest-common-denominator "comedies" with no substance and less acting skill.

it's the oldies: spencer tracy, marlon brando, morgan freeman, patrick stuart, al pacino. and the slightly younger crowd, like kevin spacey, ed norton, etc.

the only ones on your list that i don't like are russell crowe (fucking hollywood golden boy hasn't made a decent movie yet) and bit of robert redford, who i still don't forgive for movies like The Horse Whisperer and the one with Pfieffer (the one with the annoying Celine Dion song).

Originally posted by johnnyboy
Hey guys! I'm new to this wonderful site and would like to ask everyone, how would you rate some of these fine actors in the scale of 1 to 10, and if you can be bothered then tell a reason, why you rated them that way too, ok here goes:
Johnny Depp
Sean Penn
Brad Pitt
Robert Redford
Tom Hanks
Jimmy Stewart
Russell Crowe
Marlon Brando
Robert De Niro
Edward Norton
Al Pacino
Kevin Spacey

Thanks!
I would say a better way to put those names in a list is:
1Marlon Brando
2Al Pacino
3Kevin Spacey
4Tom Hanks
5Ed Norton
6Brad Pitt (Don't insult him if you saw fight club you pricks)
7Robert De Niro (I get kind of sick of him [ARE YOU TALKIN TA ME?!])
8Johnny Depp (because he did sleepy hollow)
9Jimmy stewart, Russell Crowe, Robert Redford, Sean Penn

Originally posted by blakmetalemp

Havent seen many movies with Ed in them, so he is my least fav. You should really have included Christopher Walken. He is a god!

Yeah he's a great actor, shame about some of the film choices! I think he could of done without some of them.

Primal Fear, The Score -- both really good. He did some gay ass Woody Allen musical, but I admired him for doing it because it shows his breadth.

Johnny Depp - 8. I've enjoyed many of his movies, including Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, and others.
Sean Penn - 7. Fast Times At Ridgemont High - need I say more? And the movie when he was in prison. It's just he hasn't kept it up over his career.
Brad Pitt - 7. Seven. And some others.
Robert Redford - 5. Just never a great fan of his.
Tom Hanks - 9. Just because he makes all theses BIG movies. Personally, I hated Forest Gump, because Shawshank Redemption should of won that year. But Saving Private Ryan, Sleepless in Seattle, Big....etc.
Jimmy Stewart - 6. Before my time - didn't watch too many of his movies.
Russell Crowe - 9. Loved Gladiator and Virtuosity.
Marlon Brando - 6. Believe it or not, was never a Godfather fan, although Apocolypse now ruled.
Robert De Niro - 8. A decent actor - he was uncomfortably intense in Meet The Parents.
Edward Norton - 7. OK, and I just haven't noticed him that much.
Al Pacino - 7. Good actor - good history of movies. Just not my cup of tea.
Kevin Spacey - 9. I personally like his style and delivery.

Originally posted by johnnyboy
Johnny Depp
Sean Penn
Brad Pitt
Robert Redford
Tom Hanks
Jimmy Stewart
Russell Crowe
Marlon Brando
Robert De Niro
Edward Norton
Al Pacino
Kevin Spacey

Thanks!

al pacino is the best, hands down! kevin spacey?! :guh:

Robert De Niro
Al Pacino
Marlon Brando
Johnny Depp(shamefully under-rated actor)
Jimmy Stewart
Sean Penn
Robert Redford

I dislike the bulk of the work by the rest of the list provided. So, I'll just leave mine at 7. I would have liked to have seen Walken included as well as Dennis Hopper and Robert Duvall.