How Zeuss achives this unreal good guitar tone???

Gabriel it seems you've got this interesting double standard
We offer advice and you're like "I DON'T SEE THE POINT IN THAT"
like maamar said, try parallel compression, it beefs shit up nicely man
i mean did you even take the time to load up a mix and quickly try it out before shooting it down?
it doesnt just get used on shit with massive, obvious transients.
it gets used on vocals a fuck load, and is a very very effective way of getting that pro, mega compressed vocal sound while maintaining some dynamics
i sometimes use it on bass

you asked for advice, we're offering it and you're not even trying it, thus you're wasting your own time and ours, and i don't particularly see the point.
and like i said, AND mike said, it seems like you want a special, secret solution
and like we both said, there isn't one.

take things back to basics
amp, cab, mic, done.
if you cant get a sound that sits in the mix nicely and sounds professional with just a single SM57, you need to go back to the drawing board and try again.

i used to blame my gear, or lack thereof, for my mixes and guitar tones being bad, and funnily enough, it wasn't my gear, it was me. Every time I think I've gotten as much mileage out of this gear as is humanly possible, i prove myself wrong AGAIN and do a mix that sounds even better.

Dodo, I know you may feel like I´m waiting for: Cut 1k with q100 and you have the sound....but I dont!!!!
I used to use parallel compression on everything but it didnt worked out.
I like it alot for drums and vocals (especially on an aux of the vocals after a nice verb)
And I am very happy with the sound I get out of my gear. Like I told you guys before, I´m just hunting this 10% which makes Zeuss guitars sound that way.

And sm57 is my go to mic!!!I love it on snare, guitars, da hell it sounds great on vocals, all toms...I never tried it on bassdrum^^

And I´m thankfull for every tip, but I´m on this forum for about 3 years or more, and I tried everything that came up, as a new technic to pimp the sound. So I tried mostly everything what people told me to in this thread...

I´m a hugh fan of Zeuss work about 4 years now. And I always find something little different to the other guitar sounds in that genre...

It gave me a lot of beef in the low end, and then i also blended it with a 57 for clarity.

I know Sneap used it for older Machine Head CDs, i like the low end in the guitars there.

didnt know Zeuss did whitechapel.
I´m very interested in the new Despiced Icon!!!!
The mastering is a good point!!!!
Didnt thought about that.
Also zeuss said in one studio-diary of D.I. that he has a favourite mastering dude, he mostly works with.
Dont remember the name...

You sound like you have a crush on Zeuss. :lol:

There, there. No hard feelings - Just messing with ya!:heh:

Edit:
i used to blame my gear, or lack thereof, for my mixes and guitar tones being bad, and funnily enough, it wasn't my gear, it was me. Every time I think I've gotten as much mileage out of this gear as is humanly possible, i prove myself wrong AGAIN and do a mix that sounds even better.
XGrabrielX, what Dodo says here is very, very valuable.

Oh I never said that this was wrong;)
And NO I have no feelings for Zeuss, only for his guitar tone. But I´m a bitch I also love Andy Sneaps, Collin Richardsons, Terry Dates, Adam D. ....I´m a swinger....haha

Maamar Hug, listen to the songs on my myspace (signature) do you think my guitar sounds are that bad?
cheers

is parallel comping just comping twice on something or comping everything with the same comp setting. Cbfa reading the tutorial just wanted to some short answer..its probably neither

Checked your recordings
just work on your micing man
that sounds like the weak link to me
theres ALWAYS room for improvement

is parallel comping just comping twice on something or comping everything with the same comp setting. Cbfa reading the tutorial just wanted to some short answer..its probably neither

it's mixing in a duplicate track that's been compressed to FUCK

I really like his gtr tone, too.
especially
throwdown - vendetta
and any hatebreed album

I seen an article that he tells about the colour e gets usin lucid ADA converters.
I bought oneof this babys, it really rocks man, huge sound.
then as other ones sayd, he has great amp heads, and cabinets. I don´t know wich mic pre he uses.

Definitly agree about BASS sound is very important on his finall tone.

chris zeuss :worship: