Howard Jones, back in Metal!

Never cared for Howard's voice, and this band is pretty uninteresting to be honest. It's funny because the same label's imprint (Nuclear Blast Entertainment) just put out a band called The Defiled a few months back that is basically the same style and way better - but just without the big name musicians.

Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, or Disturbed's The Sickness, or Mudvayne's first 2 albums - which are all masterpieces.

I'd definitely take Believe over The Sickness every day. And I wouldn't count any Linkin Park as good. But those first two Mudvayne albums remain killer.

Since we opened Pandora's NuMetal Box, my two cents on some of the albums mentioned:

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory: If I had to pick 20 albums to bring into a desert island, this would be in the list. Sadly, it's the only album by the band that's worth it imo.

First two Mudvayne records: enjoyed them back in the day, know they have chops... just never clicked as much as it should with me. LD50 was awesome though.

Disturbed: I'll also pick Believe over Sickness. Believe has such great melodies like Matt said. Good stuff.

Did anyone hear the new Korn disc from last year? I thought it was killer! :)

I also really dug STEREOMUD and NOTHINGFACE both on the nu-metal tip. I also agree the first LINKIN PARK is really, really good. There is a reason it was one of the last rock albums to sell 10,000,000 copies in the USA.

Do folks around here count Sevendust amongst the nu-metallers? Cause if so then Animosity is the best nu-metal album ever released.

Since we opened Pandora's NuMetal Box, my two cents on some of the albums mentioned:

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory: If I had to pick 20 albums to bring into a desert island, this would be in the list. Sadly, it's the only album by the band that's worth it imo.

Meteora imo has its moments, but yeah nothing comes close to Hybrid Theory. I hope that playing the album in its entirety at Download this Summer will be a kick to Mike Shinoda's ass to get back in the game and make another record in that style.

Also for all the Believe fans in this thread - I understand why you prefer that record to The Sickness, but in my opinion the first 3 songs on The Sickness are untouchable masterworks.

Meteora imo has its moments, but yeah nothing comes close to Hybrid Theory. I hope that playing the album in its entirety at Download this Summer will be a kick to Mike Shinoda's ass to get back in the game and make another record in that style.

Didn't realize they were doing that. That's awesome.