Howard Jones, back in Metal!

I wouldnt call Stereomud or Sevendust nu metal. Nu metal has elements of hip hop and rap. Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Korn, Linkin Park fall under that umbrella.

I disagree, nu-metal is a riffing style and pattern just like djent has a style and pattern of riffing to it. Just happens SOME of the bands rapped in their music.

to me Stereomud is very nu-metal and totally from that era of nu-metal dominance. Can't fault the drummer of the CRUMBSUCKERS for trying to make some money. haha.

Good thing we don't have too many djent fans in these parts, cause the djent is or isn't a genre argument could bring the whole forum down.

I agree with you, though.

Good thing we don't have too many djent fans in these parts, cause the djent is or isn't a genre argument could bring the whole forum down.

:facepalm:

People also said that nu metal wasn't a style when it came out... and that metalcore wasn't really a style when it came out.

I don't love all djent, but there's some amazing bands in that genre. Just look at Disperse and TesseracT..

:facepalm:

People also said that nu metal wasn't a style when it came out... and that metalcore wasn't really a style when it came out.

I don't love all djent, but there's some amazing bands in that genre. Just look at Disperse and TesseracT..

Tesseract to me are one of the boring ones actually. Textures is the most creative of the bunch to me. That last album was godly. I enjoyed Vildhjarta as well. Tesseract were cool when they first hit but for some reason it never stuck, but maybe I should revisit the albums. They are on my shelf.

But on a whole the "movement" is really drab. Noodling over different stutter patterns a computer creates is boring to me. I remember Jamie King and I a several years ago in the studio goofing around and he showed me how djent got started (or rather how Meshuggah did it). He just tracked a chug riff over and over and then went back removed pieces here and there and whammo! a djent riff was written. haha.

I agree with you, though.

Given how well received Disperse has been on this forum, I'd suggest there are more djent fans here than you think

I love Howard, and I'm glad he's back, but I think these tunes are very generic.

*shrug* Your ears. My ears. To each his own.

I just finished listening the the entire disc. And I say again, it is not bad at all. Sure 'For The Dead And Broken' and 'It's Over' have mainstream FM radio rock written all over them. But 'The Killer' and 'Shut It Down' are powerhouse straight ahead heavy.