Howard Stern Sound Testing on Sirius Today

Thrashard925

Dec 8, 2003
Sin City
It was a magical moment today. Howard and crew were doing sound testing on their new studio before the show officially launches on January 9th :worship:

I don't have serius sattelite radio so I won't be listening to howard. Hopefully there will be download sites or something with it. I am not going to spend 10 bucks a month plus the receiver just to hear howard. I am a big fan but still it's not worth it

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I don't have serius sattelite radio so I won't be listening to howard. Hopefully there will be download sites or something with it. I am not going to spend 10 bucks a month plus the receiver just to hear howard. I am a big fan but still it's not worth it

Trust me it's worth it. Unless your a student or have an expensive drug habbit, you can afford it. A trip to Starbucks would cost you more money then Sirius.

There is a lot more then Howard to listen to

Thrashard925 said:
Trust me it's worth it. Unless your a student or have an expensive drug habbit, you can afford it. A trip to Starbucks would cost you more money then Sirius.

There is a lot more then Howard to listen to

I already have XM satellite and I am not that impressed with it. I never listen to the radio just CD's. But shit maybe one day I'll help everyone that bought Serius stock and get it ;)

I caught the last hour of that while I was working. Jesus, I thought Howard complained a lot on the air!

As for those disparaging getting satellite radio just for Howard, there's more than just Howard. I got Sirius because of Howard, don't get me wrong, but I activated my subscription a couple of weeks ago when "Best Of" started - it was because of "Best Of" that I activated my subscription (long story) - and the programming is much better than you can get on radio out here in the Los Angeles area.

Another plus: it's all uncensored and almost all of the channels are completely commercial free.

L.A. hasn't had a Metal station in over a decade since KNAC went off the air and there hasn't been a decent rock station in nearly 10 years, either. I'm at the point that I don't even bring CDs with me to work anymore - I just change the channel and I can usually find something that I want to listen to (I usually park it on one of the 3 Metal channels, one of the 3 Classical channels, either of the comedy channels or any of the international news sources).

If you can afford a compact disc a month or you (legally) download a dozen songs a month, you can afford a satellite radio subscription and, believe me, it's well worth it.

I was just saying to my wife the other day how much the morning sucks without Howard. But I won't be getting Sirius for the following reasons:

1. Don't want to pay the $$, I'll get by on CD's
2. There's really nothing else on there for me. Like I said above, I can just listen to CD's. And the only sport I really care about is baseball which is on XM. If Sirius had Howard AND baseball I might consider it.
3. I'm not in my car enough to justify it. Then I'd have to buy a home receiver...

I don't even have cable TV but I get by just fine.

I wouldnt shell out $ o hear Howard anyway. Amusing, yes, but in small amounts to me. Besides, I am busy jammin out to just sit and "listen." If ya see a green windstar comin at ya with the driver headbanging, and its all over the road, thats me!

I like Mancow better than Stern. Sirius will jack up its monthly fee here soon becouse thats just the way it is. Everything is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jpike said:
Sirius will jack up its monthly fee here soon becouse thats just the way it is.
Plus they have to somehow pay Howard's ludicrous salary!!

O&A are pretty good, Ive listened to several months of their XM shows. I love Jim Norton

Ron and Fez...I dunno. Their show is a different mood; so-to-say. Their first and 2nd week on XM were not good.