Howard Stern Sound Testing on Sirius Today

Aside from the technical glitches, Everything was pure magic!! Everything gelled together and everything feels the same, but only stronger. Artie is going to be so much funnier now that he's uncensored.

dd316 said:
Plus they have to somehow pay Howard's ludicrous salary!!

Actually, Sirius only had to have 1 million people subscribe after Howard was signed in order for them to break even on the deal.

Figures released today were that Sirius now has 3.3 million subscribers and still growing. During the holiday shopping season, it was impossible to find Sirius units while XM units appeared to be glued to the shelves.

sumairetsu said:
Figures released today were that Sirius now has 3.3 million subscribers and still growing. During the holiday shopping season, it was impossible to find Sirius units while XM units appeared to be glued to the shelves.

"Rival XM Satellite (XMSR:Nasdaq - news - research - Cramer's Take) said late Wednesday that it currently has more than 6 million subscribers and projected it will end 2006 with more than 9 million. The company added a net 2.7 million new subscribers in 2005 and expects more than 3 million net additions in 2006."

Tell 'em Fred. whoo hoo hoo

Stern played the Pat O'brian tapes many months ago too, just that it was censored.

Now that they are uncensored, they totally piss on O&A's version. Stern has more professionals working for them and not to mention will get top celebraties as guests.

O&A are not much liked by big people and last year they had no guests really come on. Keep in mind, O&A have a yearly contract, so they could get fired next year.

Thrashard925 said:
Stern played the Pat O'brian tapes many months ago too, just that it was censored.

Now that they are uncensored, they totally piss on O&A's version. Stern has more professionals working for them and not to mention will get top celebraties as guests.

O&A are not much liked by big people and last year they had no guests really come on. Keep in mind, O&A have a yearly contract, so they could get fired next year.

I've always said Stern has better guests, and he'd better because he sure as hell can't carry a show on his own like O&A can.
If you've ever listened to O&A do an interview, you wouldn't question why no one wants to go on their show. They aren't brown nosers like Stern is, O&A actually dare to make fun of the rich and famous to their faces.
Also, please tell me how one uncensored version of something can be different than another uncensored version?

(btw, I listened/watched Stern for ten years so it's not like I don't know anything about his show)

The Howard Stern Show has never been celebrity driven. Remember, there's still many celebrities that won't do his show because Howard doesn't brown nose his guests as you'd like to suggest. Howard likes to get in and ask the questions that many celebrities don't want to answer - take for example when Pat O'Brien was doing red carpet interviews for War of the Worlds. Howard Stern found out that Pat was there and went straight to him.

Howard has gone weeks without celebrities and yet, maintained ratings levels that his competitors could never touch.

Opie and Anthony and their ilk have been nothing but Howard Stern wannabes and more than happily place the blame for their own actions on Howard Stern whenever they get fired, sometimes for illegal activities.

The Howard of 1994 would kick the Howard of 2005's ass. However, the Howard of 2006 will be a return to form. No censorship because of content. We're not talking about language - the 7 Dirty Words have nothing to do with it, though he can use that language if he wants.

Howard can now do the show he wants, without threats or interference from the FCC or religious groups.

I'm listening to Howard right now! So many fucking metal channels are fucking awesome! Yesterday they played their version of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Totally killer! I got the home/car unit for my birthday.

ThraxMan

So is this Sirius thing available outside US? Most of the stations over here in Oz are complete shite.

If anyone knows any decent rock/metal aussie stations (dont say MMM or ill flip), please speak up!

ITS AN OUTHOUSE! said:
So is this Sirius thing available outside US? Most of the stations over here in Oz are complete shite.

If anyone knows any decent rock/metal aussie stations (dont say MMM or ill flip), please speak up!

Currently, only the U.S. and Canada get Sirius and XM, though who knows what the future may bring... They could be planning on going worldwide. :)

ITS AN OUTHOUSE! said:

You can pickup Sirius Signal in North and South America, but will need a U.S. account to pickup signal in Canada or South America

Thrashard925 said:
You can pickup Sirius Signal in North and South America, but will need a U.S. account to pickup signal in Canada or South America

You actually don't need a US account to get Sirius in Canada anymore, problem is you Stern fans won't get his show on Canadian Sirius.