Howard wins award on Human Rights ?

Shannow

Stunt Plough Rider
Oct 15, 2001
Lithgow, Oz
I heard a smippet of this on the ABC a while back, and thought it was a joke.

NOPE.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/23/1090464856281.html?oneclick=true

Earlier this month, the American Jewish Committee bestowed on visiting Australian Prime Minister John Howard its highest honor, the American Liberties Medallion. Previous recipients of the award include Martin Luther King, Lyndon Johnson, Ronald Reagan, Vaclav Havel, Natan Sharansky and Elie Wiesel.

I guess that S.A. Brewing will be sending me an award for my support of the temperance movement any day now.

LOL, Gorey, they nominated Dubya for the same award as Arafat.

Id have to agree with Sydo, when people are saying a terrorist deserves it over Howard, I can only think im glad Howard is running the country and not some of you looney tunes :)

It's not so much to do with running down John Howard, I just think it's unfair to label Arafat a terrorist and less deserving of a Peace Prize than John Howard, who has made what contribution to creating peace?

Kem said:
It's not so much to do with running down John Howard, I just think it's unfair to label Arafat a terrorist and less deserving of a Peace Prize than John Howard, who has made what contribution to creating peace?
He didnt kill people who disagreed with his ideals for a start :)