How's the Live Island CD?

I own it, but only cuz I want to own every Anthrax cd there is. I did not think it was that great, and you can tell it was put out to fulfill a contract. I hate it when that happens. I wish they would have put a little more effort into it.

And since we are on this issue, as great a live band as Anthrax is, why don't they have more live albums. They could easily have three out by now, and they would all kick ass. I know alot of people don't like live albums, myself included, but there are usually cool solo's and just crazy off the wall shit that make em cool. I have become a big fan of Dvd concerts. I wish there were more of them out there. Disaserpieces is just kick ass. Rude awakening is awsome too. I only own three so far, Sod, Slipknot, and Megadeth, but I can see myself adding alot to my live concert collection. Any suggestions. And it can be anything, I am not restricted to just metal selections. I like a lot of different music.

if anthrax dont release a live dvd or cd with bush after this tour they have rocks in there head,lets hope sanctuary is right behind them!!!

i didnt notice how many albums was involved in the deal??

The only reason I bought it was because I was there. THe band itself kicked ass. But if you see the live noise vhs Joey looks tired ( or loaded towards the end of the set. Especially when they join P.E for bring the noise. Also how the fuck do you fit in those tight pants Joey use to wear. My nuts would be screaming for mercy.

Not seen the video. I like the LIVE album, just because it was live and hearing those great tracks as well. So i think it was a good album. Yes, I would love to have a Anthrax "Bush" era dvd or something! COME ON ANTHRAX! Milk us for our money with merchandise! All these shite bands/pop groups have t-shirts, spaghetti branded products give us something please!!

one man stands said:
I own it, but only cuz I want to own every Anthrax cd there is. I did not think it was that great, and you can tell it was put out to fulfill a contract. I hate it when that happens. I wish they would have put a little more effort into it.

The only full albums I'll lack now are:

Fistful of Metal
Armed and Dangerous
and
State of Euphoria

Woah, I saw Fistful of Metal and Armed and Dangerous for 7.99GBP on one cd!! it was a 2 cd special! I must buy it tomorrow. The I have them all I think. State Of Euphoria is a good album I think even though some people think otherwise.

Steve M said:
justin and i agreed that joey sounds lazy on it...

Yes, but it has an awesome version of "N.F.L." I have heard many bootleg recordings of this song (both Bush and Belladonna eras) and I haven't heard any compare to their performance on the live album. Part of it I think is the "Time" intro, but there's more to it than that.

Also you got to get it to hear the live version of "Bring the Noise" with Public Enemy. "Antisocial" is better there than the studio version as well.

Obviously I support the idea of a live album with John. That's a no-brainer.

kaiyan said:
Woah, I saw Fistful of Metal and Armed and Dangerous for 7.99GBP on one cd!! it was a 2 cd special! I must buy it tomorrow. The I have them all I think. State Of Euphoria is a good album I think even though some people think otherwise.

Where are you in Scotland?

I love Scotland.

hey One Man, I cot a couple of Live DVDs and music DVDs that are more videos and other stuff.
Anthrax has a DVD Return of the Killer As its got all their videos and live performances of 5 songs.
Manowar Hell on Eath pt 1 is good. Live stuff.
Rammstein Live Aus Berlin.
Beastie Boys vidoe anthology is one of the coolest discs made. The Tool DVD kicks ass also its got 4 videos that are like twisted horror movies.
Over Kill and Helloween both have live DVDs. Bothe are good. and of course SOD have two live dvds. Rage against the machine... man there are a lot of great dvds out there. But tool and beasties are standouts.

The one thing that pissed me off with that video was their actual set - so many covers - I think there were like 3-4 in a set of 10 songs!!! Antisocial, Got the Time, Parasite........they closed with Noize which was always going to happen and very cool, but too many covers.

Electronicoil said:
Where are you in Scotland?

I love Scotland.

from Glasgow. you been to scotland?

I agree that the live version of Bring the Noize is absolutely intense and brilliant!! fantastic! also I am the Law...a great live album I think.

timmyc said:
The one thing that pissed me off with that video was their actual set - so many covers - I think there were like 3-4 in a set of 10 songs!!! Antisocial, Got the Time, Parasite........they closed with Noize which was always going to happen and very cool, but too many covers.

I agree. They could have taken out a cover and put "Lone Justice" in its place.