http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/spastic-ink-watchtower/361371-well-i-guess-nevermo

I listened to some Blotted Science... If Jeff would get a wild hair up his ass and work on material with this guy... I can see Nevermore going to even greater places.

On what grounds? What I heard sounds close to what Nevermore used to do, at least, with variations.

Saying someone won't fit with something else implies they are physically unable to abandon their preconceived stereotypical "sound."

Well then why would C Broderick work out in Megadeth? He worked with Nevermore and JP and has preconceived sounds. Same with Calvert, and Smyth.

Exactly.

It's usually just a matter of taking exactly what you've heard before and mixing it with said band to ill effects. Not how it really works.

On what grounds? What I heard sounds close to what Nevermore used to do, at least, with variations.

Then you've listened either only small portions of songs or the most normal stuff Ron's ever outputted... :lol:
Okay, Watchtower is fairly listenable for an average metal fan, but Spastic Ink is totally sick stuff. Ron obviously likes to push many boundaries and explore the sounds a guitar can produce (just watch his "guitar-over" of portions of Disney cartoons, hilarious!), never saw Nevermore's music as such...
I mean, I can easily imagine Ron playing Nevermore's stuff accurately while being blindfolded, but I don't think he'd fit stylistically.

Then again, Friedman joining Nevermore is a very interesting thought in various aspects.... Think about it, for Jeff it would probably seem like a Cacophony mk.2 to an extent (him being a major Cacophony and Becker fan), then Jeff auditioned Megadeth, while Marty actually played with them... ;)
I think they would make a killer guitar duo with their own two very distinct guitar personalities - I say thumbs up for that, even if it's only an idea! :headbang:

Ummm... no? :D
That was his bro Bobby on drums.
As stated before, Ron was the driving force behind progressive metal greats Watchtower and now plays in Spastic Ink and Blotted Science.
Don't forget his solo work.

S.A Slayer was pretty good too, but not quite as over the top as anything he did after it

now I heard the same tape with James being busy for like 10 years now...it gets redundant since from a musical point of view he didn't come with anything serious and good after his last solo album.no Death Tribute album,no Disincarnate album,no solo album,no permanent spot in a big metal band,nothing...