Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Tell Him to Fuck Off, Sell A Testicle and buy a Mesa

Votes: 27 84.4%

• Total voters

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
Ok so I got a phone call last night from a local guy who's got a mint 2 month old Mesa OS recto cab with v30's that he wants to trade for my marshall.

Now for those if you unaware of the deity like status of what I own here is a photo and info.

Marshall_Cab.jpg

PA038325.JPG

My 5150 just looks epic on top of this fucking thing!!
P6074041.JPG

This is 1970 / 1971 transition year Marshall Cab. Its beat to fuck but that adds to the "vintage" character. Its all solid birch, no ply on this bad boy. Its all birch planks end to end with a SOLID birch back. It is currently loaded with 2 v30s and 2 GT65's. Its sounds great, and I have had it forever. Its my baby .....

That being said, I have been GASSING so fucking hard for a Mesa OS Cab that I have considered selling a testicle to get one. I have played ALL of my amps through one and I LOVE the way it sounds. Unfortunately I have not had the liberty of recording with one. I know how my Marshall sounds in the studio, and its GREAT, but i hear a shit ton of recordings on here using the Mesa's that make me go fap fap fap fap fap fap!!!

What do you think I should do?

Trade up / Even swap for the Mesa
Tell him to fuck off
Tell him no then just buy a Mesa after selling a testicle

3!!!!!!!!!!

Never fucking sell or trade a piece of gear that you already own and already love and are comfortable recording/working with. You will REGRET IT. Just suck it up, find the cash, and buy your own Mesa cab.

don't do it.

sonically the Mesa cab owns everything else, but there'll always be another opportunity (especially in the USA, you get those things as a giveaway when you order more than 3 rolls at the bakery over there....well compared to EU at least).
it'll be much more difficult to get another one of those old marshall cabs

3!!!!!!!!!!

Never fucking sell or trade a piece of gear that you already own and already love and are comfortable recording/working with. You will REGRET IT. Just suck it up, find the cash, and buy your own Mesa cab.

The truth..........

Anybody got some Pepto ... the GASSS is killing me ...lol

I just found a Marshall GT75 Loaded on the local Craigslist for $400, considering offering him $500 for the Mesa so he can go buy the Marshall.....

EDIT:
Ok Fuck it, made him the offer, lets see if he goes for it .... hahhahaha

Sell that Marshall cab and i will seriously buy a flight ticket just to kick your ass. >;/

I remember a long time ago you promised GT65 impulses. You can't sell till you make 'em! >:/