Hamburg
www.myspace.com
So I need a new cab.

I have 3 options:

-Mesa standard 4x12
-Orange PPC 4x12
-Mesa standard 2x12

NEW option:
-Marshall 1960 adm4x12 (dave mustaine signature cab)
What would you buy?
If I buy the Orange or the 212 Mesa I would have money left for some other stuff.
So is the mesa 412 realy a MUST HAVE because I would love to have a 212 for gigs.....

The Orange is a great cab, a bit darker sounding compared to many other V30 cabs but it sucks for playing live because a) it's ridiculously heavy and b) doesn't come with casters nor the option to put some on (without modding the cab).

The Mesa 4x12 is a safe bet, but the 2x12 might cut it already. I'd personally prefer the 4x12 though as it gives you more speakers to choose from and just more resonance body.

You might want to consider the Marshall 1960 DM (Dave Mustaine model) cabs too if you don't want to break the bank. They're great IMO.

I have a marshall 412 vintage.
The cab is great for live but it aint cutting it for recording metalcore nor newschool hardcore guitars.
So I am affraid the dave mustain is the same.

The orange I tried was a totaly moster with a rectifier.
The rectifier sounded better with the orange then with the mesa standard:yow:

damn I listened to the new megadeth again (as far as I know Andy used the marshall 1960adm for guitars) that sound is sick....and the 1960adm is like 400€ cheaper then the mesa standard

:/

The 1960 DM is a bit like a tonal bastard child of a Mesa OS and a 1960V. The mids aren't quite as piercing and junked-up as with 1960Vs, yet it's still has Marshall characteristics and will cut live like a knife through butter.

I would get the 2x12 mesa because:

It still sounds great
Easier to carry around if you want/need to
Saves you moneys for other stuff

is there big tonal difference between the mesa 212 and 412?
because if I go with the 212 I would have some budget for other stuff.

I know jval uses the 212 and his guitar sounds blow my mind esp. on the counterparts cd.
Olas stuff is awsome too

ryan and hood using the 412 and they also slay

I think it will be mesa but do I need the porsche with 4 seats or with 2 :)

this cab is mostly for recording