your prefered 4x12" cab for recording

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
Which 4x12" cab would you choose for recording if you had money to buy a brand new one ?
Bogner, Mesa, Diezel, Orange, VHT... ?

The fact is that someone asks me a good price of my Bogner 2x12" which I love, but now I think I'm going to go for a 4x12" !

Orange, Mesa and Engl all have amazing cabs. I would take any of them in a heart beat. I have a Marshall 1960 with 2 g12's and 2 v30's and i prefer any of those 3 cab brands over mine any day of the week. Don't get me wrong my Marshall is nice but those all just have a way more full sound to me.

Orange, Mesa and Engl all have amazing cabs. I would take any of them in a heart beat. I have a Marshall 1960 with 2 g12's and 2 v30's and i prefer any of those 3 cab brands over mine any day of the week. Don't get me wrong my Marshall is nice but those all just have a way more full sound to me.

Maybe I would dig a Mesa 4x12 with the 75's in that case.

Which 4x12" cab would you choose for recording if you had money to buy a brand new one ?
Bogner, Mesa, Diezel, Orange, VHT... ?

The fact is that someone asks me a good price of my Bogner 2x12" which I love, but now I think I'm going to go for a 4x12" !

Go with the Bogner man, excellent quality. But you also can't lose with any of the ones mentioned in this thread.

-Joe

Randall XL series.

cheaper than mesa's. same manufacture style. plywood. V30's.
could you explain this any further? sounds good, but how is it done?
Code:
All XL Series cabinets (except RS125XL) are equipped with The Mic Eliminator XLR stereo/mono direct outs. Each direct out includes 3-way voicing switch and ground lift.

Voicing options: Normal, Dark or Bright

before I discovered Revalver.....

I bought a used 5150 bottom cab for $150.....then Andy told me to swap in a couple V30s. So I bought 2 and put them in an "X" pattern with the other 2 sheffield greenback knockoffs. It made worlds difference under the mic!:kickass: Live, you couldn't tell shit.

We have a Marshall w.T75s, Mesa Standard w. V30, Line6 W. "custom celestion" and an Engl XXL w. V30. The EnglXXL shits the other cabs for breakfast. ;)

^^^ LOL!
Best recordings I've heard *not done by me because i suck :p* Have been through a Marshall 1960 with 75's or a Mesa traditional Recto cab, fork me so nice!

could you explain this any further? sounds good, but how is it done?

The cabinet sounds very good. A lot of clarity and balls.
The materials used are similar to classic mesa/engl 4X12 style : thick and dense plywood + the V30's.

I recorded it only once : http://www.myspace.com/forcedevolutionmusic

The result is ok, the firepod pres and the guitar stock cheap pickup didn't help though, so it does not sound so good.

but you can trust the cabinet !!!!

I don't even care about that mic eliminator though, should try it once, maybe for monitoring.

Hi!
I use my trustworthy old Soldano 412 slanted cab for my recordings.
It has Soldano custom X speakers inside labeled X12000.They're kinda like a celestion V30 but without that midrange "grit" to it.It's more neutral sounding and offers a nice equalization in bass,mid and high registers.Exactly what I've been looking for.It makes any head really stand out with its own characteristics and fully retains the character of the amp that you're using.
It could sound a bit dark with some some specific heads that I've tried but gets along perfectly with majority of them.I tried a lot of cabs and this one just got my love!:headbang:

And especially if you're giging often,it's a relatively lighter and weights a less compared to many other cabs that I had my experience with and then again it's made of a hi-grade marine birch.