Huge problem here

Sending cash is always a risk... but when you have to send money for paying something, there's a better and more safe way...

The one who's got the packet [in this case Anders] can send it per cash on delivery... so he brings the packet to the postoffice and gets his 50€ ... now the post is responsible for the packet.
When the packet arrives, the receiver [p.E. Cerulean] has to pay the 50€ + postage + special fee to the postman. Before he pays, he's abled to have a look into the packet together with the postman.
This is more expensive than sending cash because of the postage & fee ... in EU-countries it's gonna be something about 12€ ... but you can be sure, that the packet will arrive... and if it got lost or stolen on it's way to the receiver, it's neither the senders nor the receivers problem.

BloodySwan said:
Sending cash is always a risk... but when you have to send money for paying something, there's a better and more safe way...

The one who's got the packet [in this case Anders] can send it per cash on delivery... so he brings the packet to the postoffice and gets his 50€ ... now the post is responsible for the packet.
When the packet arrives, the receiver [p.E. Cerulean] has to pay the 50€ + postage + special fee to the postman. Before he pays, he's abled to have a look into the packet together with the postman.
This is more expensive than sending cash because of the postage & fee ... in EU-countries it's gonna be something about 12€ ... but you can be sure, that the packet will arrive... and if it got lost or stolen on it's way to the receiver, it's neither the senders nor the receivers problem.

Unfortunately, Anders and Katatonia don't do C.O.D.

Cerulean, by no means am I blaming you of this, but I know, speaking from experience, there are a lot of people out there, who pull scams like this as well, thinking that when the band gets this envelope, and it looks like they have been ripped off, to save face, or even be a nice guy and be called a "rip off" that the band will send the merch anyway. It's a tough position to be in on either side. I've been a part of scams before, and you just don't know how to look at it, because as you're saying here, it may be legit!

Novembers Paul said:
Cerulean, by no means am I blaming you of this, but I know, speaking from experience, there are a lot of people out there, who pull scams like this as well, thinking that when the band gets this envelope, and it looks like they have been ripped off, to save face, or even be a nice guy and be called a "rip off" that the band will send the merch anyway. It's a tough position to be in on either side. I've been a part of scams before, and you just don't know how to look at it, because as you're saying here, it may be legit!

Why would people do that to bands/guys that they like? that sucks :yell:

jptk said:
Why would people do that to bands/guys that they like? that sucks :yell:

People just sometimes want free shit. Years ago, I got a 4 page letter from a fan in a pretty poor country, written on rice paper, about how he only made a very small amount of money for is family in a month, and could only get music by tape trade (yes, this was before the internet). Well, I felt horrible when I read this, and sent him a CD, t-shirt, as well as $20 american, which to him, would help his family eat for a month. Not more then 1 month later, we had about 15 other letters, almost the same theme, all from the same country. Needless to say, I was scammed, and all for being a nice guy. People try this shit all the time. Again, I'm not saying this is a scam going on, i'm just saying this sort of thing is not uncommon to be connected to a scam.

Deliverance6 said:
Hey Cerulean,
I feel bad about your situation......I have been there too.(very recently for money sent to poland).....I have learned to wrap my money folded up in paper and then tape it up (completely sealed)......then put it in a box with a cd and then write on the box that it is a CD.....

Sorry brother.....but it happens and there is probably nothing you can do now.....because it wasnt stolen, it made it where it was supposed to go....

That is exactly what I do when I cannot pay by PayPal.

You can pay Anders by Credit Card as well though, use PayPal, it is safe quick and cheap...

MountainDweller said:
Unfortunately, Anders and Katatonia don't do C.O.D.

Oh thanx... I didn't know that.

@NovembersPaul: Bad story... I can't understand why people do this... I mean, when they really love a band isn't their stuff worth some money? Mankind is a great mistery...

SO you think youve got problems?????
I sent a fuckin guy over 120$ to send me a (CLEAR) demo tape......the first time the money was stolen....so I had to send it again.....it arrived to me today....and its a fucking COPY....he had it advertised on ebay like it was the original....he never said anything about it being on a fucking blank tape....so now if Im lucky he will send me 60$ back and I just lose over 60$ for nothing :yell: :yell: :yell: ......Ive fucking had it....Im gonna go kill people now

Deliverance6 said:
SO you think youve got problems?????
I sent a fuckin guy over 120$ to send me a (CLEAR) demo tape......the first time the money was stolen....so I had to send it again.....it arrived to me today....and its a fucking COPY....he had it advertised on ebay like it was the original....he never said anything about it being on a fucking blank tape....so now if Im lucky he will send me 60$ back and I just lose over 60$ for nothing :yell: :yell: :yell: ......Ive fucking had it....Im gonna go kill people now

...can I help? :hotjump:

Crap, I'll never ever send money through the post again. Look what I got today:

"Hi Gorik, I signed for your letter this morning 22/2/2005, however there is a very weird problem. When I opened the letter there were only five sheets of blank paper? I'm very confused. I don't think you would of done that as it's a waste of time/money. The seal on the letter was a little crinkled so it looks as if someone may of (?) replaced the contents in transit. I assume you can claim for the contents and the postage costs as it was recorded? I can take the letter back to the post office this afternoon if that helps? Please can you let me know what you'd like me to do? All very strange. Never had anything like this happen before. It's turning into a bit of a saga! Russell"

I've had enough of it now.

MadTinus said:
Damn, some people have been fucked over here :( I feel sorry for you guys! What feedback did you give this guy Reece..? The demo was advertised as original right?

As it turns out he had got this from a friend of his that said it was an original.....this guy took his word for it......we are going to work out the details soon(before I give him feedback of course) as he is going to talk to his friend about the situation....he has assured me my money back....although I doubt I will get the other half of the money I sent that was never recieved.....

There is more to this situation as well........I dont yet feel at liberty to discuss it though.....some very interesting things....