Human Subspecies in Context

cryosteel

Jun 29, 2006
Our modern world is a form of hell. It is hell because it does not reward any kind of fine or beautiful behavior, only a gutless functionalism. If it makes money, or pleases the masses, it's great; if not, it is forgotten and cast aside. All of what our ancestors worked for, and indeed any intelligent person through history would work for, is disregarded. Intelligence and accuracy come secondary to popularity and marketability. Simplify, simplify. Everyone in the room must get the joke. The result is that intelligent people are prisoners of a time out of control.

Further, it is a death march. I am not referring to some specific "disaster" like global warming or cancer or class warfare. I am referring to the tendency of this entire system to dumb itself down, and then, having killed meaning, to lament meaning. It is a suicidal, morose and neurotic existence, and these always self-destruct. Unfortunately for the good people among us, it is also creeping up on us like aging does. It did not make a single brave assault. It has gradually increased over the years to the point where we are used to it, and then it gains another dimension. It makes us live like servants and deny any of the most meaningful things - fidelity, achievement, heroism, spirit - in favor of the most mundane, namely not offending others.

http://www.pragmatism.us/solutions/opinions/stillwell/race/

I think the "what's in it for me?" attitude is very much apart of this aswell.

I'm reminded of a guy I used to work with. We were walking to the mall on break one day when he was telling me about gutting a certain type of fish at his camp over the weekend, and just letting them swim away with their entrails spilling out into the water. His reason for doing this was because they stunk, and subsequent of that, he couldn't eat them.

So, because these fish had no value to him (he couldn't eat them) they were utterly without any worth or purpose to anyone and thus, were better off dead. To go out of his way to harm something, these helpless fish, because of what they could not give him by virtue of what they were, is just another example of how ego centric, unempathetic and shallow our world has become.