Humanizing / Antiquantizing

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I wonder if it exist a plug in or action to humanize midi tracks.

I do not play keyboards, so I write all synths and orchestra vsti with Cubase's pencil, but it is so prefectly played by the computer that is completely dehumanized.

It would be nice to have a plug in applied to dthe midi track that could change randomly velocity and displacement of the notes in the range you want.
I'll try to explain with an example.
Imagine your track (keyboards, drums...or whatever) quantized and all notes at the same velocity. The idea would be to set range for random velocity between 100-120, and antiquantizing of the notes, both displacement and length between 0-10 ms.

I know it is possible to do it manually but itss fucking tiring and boring.

Cubase has this also. Select your midi track. On the left where you have all the options for that channel there is something like midi properties or so (don't know what the menus are called in English). You can select what you want to randomize (Velocities, quantizing,...) and how much. I use something between +/- 5-15 for the velocities on my drum tracks.

Cubase has this also. Select your midi track. On the left where you have all the options for that channel there is something like midi properties or so (don't know what the menus are called in English). You can select what you want to randomize (Velocities, quantizing,...) and how much. I use something between +/- 5-15 for the velocities on my drum tracks.

hmmm going to try this asap :kickass:

I use the random velocity + a small percent of swing.

I wish there was something that would randomly nudge a beat a percentage forward/backward or something