Hung

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Thomas Jane heads up the cast in this comedy as Ray, a middle-aged basketball coach who figures out how to put his exceptional physical endowments to use and change his fortunes.

Episode 1: Pilot 6/28/09 (Hung.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV)

(Series Premiere) Years ago, as a student at Detroit's West Lakefield High School, Ray Drecker was athletic, popular, and destined for success. Today, as a West Lakefield teacher and coach of the varsity basketball team (which is on an unprecedented losing streak), he's underpaid, uninsured, and embittered that his wife of 20 years (Anne Heche) has left him for her dermatologist. After a fire damages the rundown lakeside home he inherited from his parents, Ray's sagging fortunes reach an all-time low when his twin children Darby and Damon, who had been living with him, move in with their mom and her smug hubby, Ronnie Haxon (Eddie Jemison). Lonely, run-down and at wit's end, Ray decides to attend a local self-help class whose mantra is to identify a personal winning tool to market for financial success. After a not-so-fulfilling encounter with a fellow attendee--an ex-flame and would-be poet named Tanya Skagle (Jane Adams)--Ray has a eureka moment. With the help of Tanya, Ray resolves to take advantage of his greatest asset, in hopes of changing his fortunes in a big way.

http://rapidshare.com/files/249815874/H.101.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/249818306/H.101.part2.rar

I got as many chuckles from this as I did the hangover. This will fill the void nicely until Dexter and Breaking Bad return.

really need to catch this ... haven't even been able to follow True Blood this season yet.

watched HUNG yesterday ... not a bad premise. the main character reminds me of Aaron Eckhart ...
i am sure there will be some interesting fucking stories coming up in later episodes.

so far so shitty ... not sure I'll keep up with this one.

True Blood rules big time though.

so far so shitty ... not sure I'll keep up with this one.

Agreed. While I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot, the follow up episode was devoid of all humor and real world insight. The only worthwhile moment was watching the fashionista getting drilled. I'm dropping this show, in favor of watching ROME. BTW, who the hell did the casting for this show? The kids must be related to the director. :zzz:

Endorsement revoked!

who the hell did the casting for this show? The kids must be related to the director.

yeah, those kids are so generic and lifeless ... but maybe that's the point.

True Blood, I don't know how they did it, but its the first show where every character has been made super interesting and is really spot on for their role. Even The Sopranos didn't have this choice casting.