Hypocrisy Killed in L.A.

ArtisanBass

I like a nice salad......
Nov 13, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.artisanmetal.com
Just wanted to bass on that Hypocrisy KILLED in L.A. Tonight. The set was so killer. I have seen them 3 times so far and this time I hadn't heard half the songs live, even from the live album. The sound was good, energy was good, and new drummer dude was a great addition. I just bought the new album at the show. I know they played 2 songs from it. I'm leaving out a few songs from the set, but I'm sure someone here can finish it up and probably put it in order.

Set list - no particular order and incomplete.

Eraser
Necronomicon
Judgement Day
Fire In the Sky
The Final Chapter
Adjusting The Sun (was amazing)
Roswell 47

ArtisanBass said:
Eraser
Necronomicon
Judgement Day
Fire In the Sky
The Final Chapter
Adjusting The Sun (was amazing)
Roswell 47
:Spin: ... "necronomicon" ... amazing, can't wait to see them on 3.4. :D
"adjusting the sun" is also great ...
but what 'bout "judgement day", it isn't from arrival, isn't it?

they opened with 'born dead buried alive' so thats one youre missing, there were other tunes as well... 'suffering souls', 'god is a lie' but the set list isnt as important as the fact that THEY KICKED FUCKING ASS. i went to the last LA show on thanksgiving... wich was miserable... they were the openers, the crowd sucked, their set was puny... and i missed most of it because they went on so early in the night.... last night was complete fucking redemption.... tore the lid off the place. i was up front and cent on the balcony getting hammered the whole show, it was just awsome.

Vile and exhumed put on great shows as well. cannibal.... they get better with age, tighter shows, better and better.... BUT, they will never be as good as they were when they toured with chris barnes for the bleeding.

over all the night was well worth it.

God is a Lie was fucking INCREDIBLE, the highlight of the entire concert, and I don't even like Hypocrisy's old material that much.

Got to interview Peter last night as well, when it's posted I'll keep the board informed! :D

obz said:
they opened with 'born dead buried alive' so thats one youre missing, there were other tunes as well... 'suffering souls', 'god is a lie' but the set list isnt as important as the fact that THEY KICKED FUCKING ASS.
:loco: :loco: :loco: ... and i thought my head would at least last till cannibal corpse (only if i'll survive exhumed :D ), but thats .... fuck, that's amazing :worship:

lumitalvi said:
You lucky bastard... :bah:
Was he doing alright?
Well he quit smoking and he works out every day now, so if by alright you mean healthy, then yes! :lol: I'll hopefully get that transcribed this weekend, I have another interview from a month ago I still haven't typed out yet though... :erk:

Doh. Sorry Squeek. I didn't look down very far.

I recall what they opened with now. "Fusion Programed Minds"

Killer song. Made me wanna go buy a distortion box for my bass when that album came out. . Sorry about the whole Hypocrisy Killed in L.A. Thing. Hope I didn't freak too many of you out.

Sorry about the whole wrong song title thing. I'm not 100 on the titles off Catch 22. It's a good album, but as time wears on, I don't memorize as much.

My friend asked Peter if he still smoked at the Phoenix concert the night before, and Tagtgren said yes. So the next night when we saw them in LA, he offered him a cig. Peter told him he quit...so my friend was like "you told me you did last night", so Peter was like "i meant grass man, I still smoke grass" it was pretty funny...

No, the only Catch 22 song they played was Turn The Page (which sounded good, and I don't like that song that much).

It was Necronomicon (I think) and God is a Lie, two songs that I've never liked too much, but RULED live. Highlight of the entire show right there. :kickass:

Oh yeah, and Fusion Programmed Minds was the second song, they opened with Born Dead, Buried Alive. :p