Hypocrisy official forum people's review on The Arrival

the 4th dimension

..never return in my body
Hail.
I think that all of we must do our custom rewiev on this new masterpiece.
Soon i will post mine.
With help of gently webmistress ;) , when tours are finished, and when Peter will have a little bit spare time (impossible ???) we ask she if she forward
thread to Peter and Hypoguys or if she drive thay to read it.
I think that thay will be curious about
what we (nearest fans) think about The Arrival.

Stay fuckin' "War Within" (great!)

Hail

PS: ehy, how are you Lars? I hope very fucking well and good!
IF you read, please don't discard the possibility to interact with us here.

Ahh it's a fucking masterpiece. It's like a mix of all their past cds on one cd. It's very special, and Peter made this such a great record, and the production is perfect. You just can't say one bad thing about it. I think the stand out tracks are: Eraser, Slave To The Parasites, Dead Sky Dawning, and War Within. I hope they do a headlining tour here, they need more time to play all their kick ass stuff.

Yes The Arrival is great! My only problem with it is there is no clean vocals. I really think that Peter's clean voice has come around, especially on catch 22 (all turns black-awesome vocals!!!)

i want more clean vocals!!!
cheers
Eric

Ive only listened once all the way through, but I think i did hear some clean vocals layered with the growls... gotta listen closely.

Hmmh... I´m not good at writing reviews.
Like every Hypo-record so far, it took about 3 times to really getting hit by it.
The first thing that made me think was the Kreator´s Endorama- resemblance, from which I´ve already mentioned here. Nothing negative about it, and it has pretty much disappeared now that I´ve listened the album more.

I agree on the clean vocal´s part when thinking the future. In this album it is extremely fresh to have them only aside with the other voice.

I must say that I feel Eraser being Roswell 47 part II. Same kinda hit it is.

It´s impossible for me to say the best track. Haven´t had that much of mind energy yet. But the best part is on the track New World. How would I explain which part..umm.. it starts in 2:48 of the track :).
Dead Sky Dawning should be played at gigs!

The last two songs are in the wrong order ;). Why is the slow one now the second last? It crushes the tradition! But on the other hand.. when you listen to the album, get scared that it will now end, but then there is still one masterpiece waiting to be heard! :D

What else... I LOVE IT!

I agree with Eraser being Roswell 2... It has the same song structure, same type of riffs and drums... Still kicks ass though...

Also, I think i know what riff you mean in the New World... It reminds me a lot of the moment in Pleasure of Molestation during the "sacrifice this virgin with your knife" "fuck jesus christ" part.... Real heavy, and great death metal vocals.

I'm not too sure what I think about it. I was hoping for something from the Hypocrisy roots and I don't think this is quite what I was looking for...

The new album?

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING GREAT !!!

It kicks ass, no doubt about it!
My favourite song is The Abyss. This is easy to understand, since my favourite Hypocrisy album is The Fourth Dimension!

Peter's voice is absolutely perfect this way, I don't think he should add any clear voice to it. Hypocrisy is what we call an "extreme band", and we like it the way it is, without clear voice!

That's my opinion anyway, feel free to answer me!
Hail to Lars!!! Lars rules. I'm going to miss him and I will never forget him!