HYPOCRISY!!

doom_death

Katatonia&Hypocrisy Fan
Sep 4, 2005
Zagreb,Croatia[Hrvatska]
Sorry guys, I know this is not right place, but just can't help my self... :oops: I am really interested in your opinions about them...as huge Katatonia fan, I am also huge Hypocrisy fan, because, they are making full dark and depressive stuff...and brutal of cours, but I adore their s/t,catch 22,arrival style of the songs...please, share opinions... thanx :headbang:

Huge, huge fan of Hypocrisy and Peter Tagtgren!! My Favorite has to be the S/T album. Disconnected Magnet Corridors..Until The End..Fractured Millenium...Doesn't get any better than those. I love the early stuff as well...brutal as fuck! But Catch 22 and Arrival weren't that great I dont think, some good songs each on there. Virus though is definently a return to form and one of their better albums.

They don't really remind me of katatonia but ya I like em. ST is definitely their strongest effort and the arrival still rocks kevo. Virus is also greatness. those are the only 3 cds of theirs I own and listen to besides a few tracks off catch 22 and the abyss

I've always irritated the shit out of me cause the drums were way too fucking simplistic!!:zombie:
always like; the standard thing with EVERY beat on-count... and the fills are like 4 16th notes on every tom... jezus christ!:erk:
it's amazing the dude plays 16th notes on the double-bass every once in a while

>.O

few lines in death metal are as good as "we all have the right to know what realy happened in roswell fortyseveeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!!!!!"

I realy like Hypocrisy.. i only own one album though.. more are on my "to buy" list :)

Vincent J. said:
I've always irritated the shit out of me cause the drums were way too fucking simplistic!!:zombie:
always like; the standard thing with EVERY beat on-count... and the fills are like 4 16th notes on every tom... jezus christ!:erk:
it's amazing the dude plays 16th notes on the double-bass every once in a while

>.O
Then check out the last album with Horgh on drums, huge improvement on the drums. Cause yes, Szöke was indeed a very basic and limited drummer..

MadTinus said:
Then check out the last album with Horgh on drums, huge improvement on the drums. Cause yes, Szöke was indeed a very basic and limited drummer..
yeah I've heard it, it's deffinately better, but I don't really like it.
It isn't really my style you see =)

Cerulean said:
Bah! Hypocrisy is definitely about the atmosphere and not about the drums.
That's why I like The Final Chapter so much, it's so atmospheric and bone chilling.
yeah I know, but as a drummer I can't help but listening to the drums...
And it's diffinately something I'm disappointed in. Btw, I don't really like the athmosphere of hypocrisy, so that's a bad combination...

The drums of course are not everything, for example, I still love hearing discouraged ones, but it has an athmostphere which I really love a lot and I wouldn't even think of saying 'I don't like the drums' because I would be lying.

yeah, I just don't see the magical athmosphere in hypocrisy I think...

I am a real fan... I started to listen to metal back in the middle of 90s because of Entombed and Hypocrisy. Saw them live so many times I couldn't even count and love all Tägtgren projects, from Pain to The Abyss. My personal favorite is "Abducted", but I love all of their albums. I think Peter was the best for Bloodbath *loud sigh*. Maybe you guys should think of bringing him back somehow. Without doubt the best growling voice ever...

I think they're alright. Much of it is too blend melo-metal for me, but I do like some songs. "Pleasures of Molestation", "Buried" and "Final Chapter" are especially cool. Tägtgren obviously has a great voice.