I am DUMB!

Guitarzan

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2005
Stupid question... :OMG: is it pronounced....children of
BOH-DUMB....or...children of BOD-HUM(kinda like BOTTOM) sry guys...rock on :headbang:

-Gavin- said:
"we're children of bo-dum and we come from fucking finland"

But then on that wierd DR string thing ye sent me, he says it as Bow-dumb. Like.. as in bow tie. Ain't this an exciting little mystery?

Well the name originates from sweden if I remeber correctly... And then there's the not so perfect pronounciation of Alexi and the way Finnish people pronounce it normally... Its enough to give you a headache!!!!! ARRRRgh!!!!

I have a lot of older and newer bootlegs. In the older ones from Europe Alexi said "boo-dum". Now he's saying "bow-dum" for some reason, but I still pronounce it the first way.

Scythes Of Bodom Q&A said:
The lake was originally named by the Swedish ("Bodom-träsk") when they ruled over Finland years ago. The Swedish pronounce Bodom like "Boo-dom" (American pronunciation) and the Finnish way to pronounce it is "bottom" (American pronunciation again). The thing is that since it was named by the Swedish, the somewhat official way to pronounce it here is indeed Boo-dom but some Finns tend to use "bottom" anyway. To hear a robotic pronunciation, go to http://www.mikropuhe.com/demo.asp, write "buudom" (=Boo-dom) or "Bodom" (=bottom) in the empty field and hit "Kuuntele puhe".

I thought you could do it either way....

Just like Dissection;
You can pronounce it:

1) Dai-section
2) Di-section
3) Duh-section

It's all correct. I say Tchiel-duh-ri-uhn oo-ohf Boo-oh-doo-uhm.
I rule. Once, I had a beard. Now, I have a beer. Hail me.

well since it is swedish right..lets take skogen for example.. which is pronounced with the singular o as an ooooh feeling. so id definitely say its booohdum or however it sounds with the oooh