I am out of touch - album/band recommendations?

metaltoole

New Metal Member
Aug 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance for the daft reasoning but having had the most unproductive 4 years of my life at uni, I have somewhat lost touch with metal of the past 2 years, I have no idea who is good, who is doings live shows etc. and it's frustrating.

So I turn to you all to help me see the light. Here's a semi-short, concise, yet diverse list of the artist which I still love, I'm hoping that you can provide me with some recommendations, It would be very much appreciated.

From the top...

the acacia strain
aliases
all that remains
architects
cancer bats
dillinger escape plan
glassjaw
karnivool
killswitch
lamb of god
machine head
mastodon
meshuggah
opeth
periphery
protest the hero
sikth
sylosis
tesseract
veil of maya

thank you all. :headbang: :worship:

Just a word of warning, there will be people stating how most of the bands on your list aren't metal :p

That said, you might like a band called Ne Obliviscaris.

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance for the daft reasoning but having had the most unproductive 4 years of my life at uni, I have somewhat lost touch with metal of the past 2 years, I have no idea who is good, who is doings live shows etc. and it's frustrating.

So I turn to you all to help me see the light. Here's a semi-short, concise, yet diverse list of the artist which I still love, I'm hoping that you can provide me with some recommendations, It would be very much appreciated.

From the top...

the acacia strain
aliases
all that remains
architects
cancer bats
dillinger escape plan
glassjaw
karnivool
killswitch
lamb of god
machine head
mastodon
meshuggah
opeth
periphery
protest the hero
sikth
sylosis
tesseract
veil of maya

thank you all. :headbang: :worship:
do not respond to the guy from indonesia and call him an sshole or something because it will bite you in the ass unless you want to get teased to the ground than don't just as words of warning

really don't want to start getting picky with genres ha. whats the deal with this baby metal guy?

That said, you might like a band called Ne Obliviscaris.

Good rec. Ne Obliviscaris is terrible but so are the things on his list. In conclusion, your comment was the closest to being helpful. (y)

Come to the oldschool side young padawan. After a 15 year hiatus until 2010, Accept is on fire right now. Their last three discs, Blood of the Nations, Stalingrad, and the brand new release Blind Rage are three of the best back to back to back releases I have ever heard. These guys are in their 50's (the singer is 60) but this is no nostalgia act. These Grandpa's are making music as good if not better than they ever have.

Bryant

Some of that possibly ?

The last one is instrumental, but has another version if you like vocals fucking up the good music

Last edited by a moderator: