I beg that Serenity be re-considered for a future ProgPower!

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
I bought Serenity's debut at the time of their announcement last year, and I must say I was as blown away then as I am completely in love with the band now. Their newest album is on par with the first one. This is a band to be reckoned with. They remind me of the first time I heard Karma or Ecliptica...I'm not even joking.

Therefore, I need to see them live. I doubt that they will have a massive headlining tour in the U.S. (or even a supporting tour, as Napalm Records is extremely stingy about sending their bands overseas, which sucks, because they're an awesome label), so ProgPower is perhaps the only way to get them to come.

I wish I had the money to sponsor them or something, damn. I just want to see this awesome band live before they put out too many albums and forget their debut!:lol:

I agree, unfortunately when they were dropped from the lineup last year, it didn't sound like they'd be getting a second chance.

Oh well, I'll still hope for the future... I'd love to see them live.

Was their situation not similar to Vanden Plas' or Wastefall's where they couldn't get into the country do to visa issues? Or was there foul play afoot? I can understand reluctance to rebook a band based on a precedent by the likes of Nevermore or Volbeat (which sucks also, I'd love to see both bands at a PP)...I guess I didn't fully understand why Serenity couldn't play.

I bought Serenity's debut at the time of their announcement last year, and I must say I was as blown away then as I am completely in love with the band now. Their newest album is on par with the first one. This is a band to be reckoned with. They remind me of the first time I heard Karma or Ecliptica...I'm not even joking.

Therefore, I need to see them live. I doubt that they will have a massive headlining tour in the U.S. (or even a supporting tour, as Napalm Records is extremely stingy about sending their bands overseas, which sucks, because they're an awesome label), so ProgPower is perhaps the only way to get them to come.

I wish I had the money to sponsor them or something, damn. I just want to see this awesome band live before they put out too many albums and forget their debut!:lol:

Serenity = poor man's Sonata Arctica, and even that band bores me to tears. They've got technical chops but zero feeling.

Well... earlier it was... at least hinted that it had to do with their label (or management) and the band deciding that going to the U.S. was not a good decision (being stated that we shouldn't expect Serenity to ever come to the US). Serenity also posted a bit on this decision, though it seemed more of a 'please don't hate us' post than really going into their reasons.

That is correct.

Personally, I love both Serenity releases, and would love to see them play at Prog someday. Glenn did say in the past that he would not......make it...quote "would NEVER book Royal Hunt for Progpower"(keepin mind this was at PPUSA V, and Glenn appeared to have been drinking quite a bit that night w/ Mr Oliva) and yet here they are to my(and many others) delight.
So, as with anything, time heals all wounds and we may (or may not) see them eventually.
As much as I would like to see Serenity, there are several other bands that I'd like to see more.
1. Nocturnal Rites
2. Mob Rules
3. Falconer
4. Gotthard
5. Axel Rudi Pell
6. Dream Evil
7. Burning Point
8. Insania
9. Steel Prophet
10. Hammerfall

Serenity = poor man's Sonata Arctica, and even that band bores me to tears. They've got technical chops but zero feeling.

I beg you revisit their songs "Forever" or "Velatum" if you really believe they lack feeling. But, ah, to each his own. I think the Sonata Arctica comparison basically ends at the vocals (where they are very similar). Other than that, Sonata Arctica started out as more of a Stratovarius-esque power metal band. Serenity draws more of an influence from bands like Kamelot in my opinion. More composition, more dynamic, etc.

I still haven't been able to fully get into Serenity's sound. There's something missing in my opinion, although they are clearly talented.

Serenity draws more of an influence from bands like Kamelot in my opinion. More composition, more dynamic, etc.
Agreed. I share your love of Serenity...they're easily in my top 10 fave bands at the moment, maybe top 5. Sucks to hear they burned some bridges as far as ProgPower goes...ah well, maybe they'll get on a Kamelot tour here in the States...holy shit that would be amazing :worship: