Enchant for future Progpower

Have you ever seen them live? They are better than alot of the bands that have played Prog Power in the past and they put on a hell of a show...

Bear
Yes, I have seen Enchant live more than once and as I said, they are a good prog rock band but I have no need to see them again at Progpower. I would rather see 100 other bands instead of them.

They too soft for me. Maybe they can play preshow. That way people who want them can watch and those who do not can skip.

As a big Enchant fan, and one who is dying to see them in concert (I'd be first in line if I got the chance), I would rather not see them play ProgPower. They just aren't right for this particular festival, in my opinion... at least not for the main event. They deserve a set to show off what they really are, instead of tailoring a setlist to favor heavy material to try to fit into the PP formula. They're just not that band, and I'd hate to miss the other elements in their music that they might be reluctant to play for that crowd.

That said, I could see potential as a showcase band, maybe. They're seems to be a bit more flexibility with expectations there, and hey... if everyone here is right and they really blow the crowd away, it'll be a good way to prove they deserve a spot at the main event.

- Chris

This great to see yet another Enchant for PP thread! That just goes to show you how many PP attendees would LOVE to see them there! I saw them again for the March show and they really tore it up (by working the crowd so well and with their skills and the feeling with which they play)! Any bass players out there would LOVE to see Ed tear it up (the guy is a MONSTER on the bass and now that we have a PP Showcase clinic, maybe one year in the future...)! I got to hang with the guys more this time...they're really cool people who connect with their fans (which is part of the intimate atmosphere of what PP is all about IMHO)! It was definitely worth flying out there for that show! They would be a better fit for PP than some even realize!

Really, this thread does not prove anything. Considering how many members post regularly, I'd say this thread is nothing but reiteration of past threads. Let us not forget that we are among the extreme minority when it comes to the entire PP attendees. Certainly, a band specific thread gaining at best, moderate hype, does not justify a slot at PP. Now, based on talent and catalog, perhaps Enchant does deserve a chance. But using this forum as a barometer for their appeal is not accurate, in my opinion.

Really, this thread does not prove anything. Considering how many members post regularly, I'd say this thread is nothing but reiteration of past threads. Let us not forget that we are among the extreme minority when it comes to the entire PP attendees. Certainly, a band specific thread gaining at best, moderate hype, does not justify a slot at PP. Now, based on talent and catalog, perhaps Enchant does deserve a chance. But using this forum as a barometer for their appeal is not accurate, in my opinion.
It is true that Glenn did say that (in general), the opinions on this board do not reflect the views of all the PP attendees (forum members and non-forum members). But, one thing has changed somewhat. In the past threads, there were more of a percentage that against Enchant playing at PP, either because they themselves weren't fans, or they are fans but, didn't think that they fit the format or wouldn't be accepted for not being heavy enough. Now after they have played a couple of shows recently and kicked ass, they got the ball rolling a little more in their favor, at least amongst the PP forum members that have posted so far. Now this thread is newer, so I could be proved wrong in the long run. Since our opinions aren't reflective of the the entirety of the PP attendees, maybe they shouldn't play the main festival, at least not right off the bat. But, as someone mentioned before, perhaps they should play the Showcase instead, since obviously a band doesn't have to be metal (e.g. PC69) or actually play metal (the OL acoustic set). If the reaction is more in their favor, then we can see about a Friday or Saturday night slot.

All I kind say to those of you who question whether Enchant should play the PPUSA festival or not, you should have seen them live at the BARFest. Their set was incredible and their sounded perfect. They cross over into so many elements whether it is a heavy progressive metal sound to a soulful bluesy progressive rock sound it will make your head spin and this is exactly what PPUSA in my opinion needs to keep things interesting. One thing I do know is that there is way too much Power & not enough Prog at PPUSA thse days.
I am thrilled that Threshold & Vanden Plas is returning as these 2 bands aren't too far off from Enchant's style. In fact, Threshold toured with Enchant for a year in Europe. Anyway, I often find myself getting tired of hearing double bass and spend more time at the bar instead of listening to the music. I strongly feel that bands like Enchant, A.C.T. & Riverside would breathe new life into the PPUSA festival and draw an even larger audience, which might finally tip the scale enough to possibly move to a larger venue. After all, isn't this the ultimate goal which is to spread this music throughout the country and make it somewhat popular again without becoming bombastic like metal in the 80's? I don't know...I hope you enjoyed the book.

At the Bay Area Rock Fest performance, I shot these videos:

Tug of War
- the opening number -- everyone in the band represented

Hostile World
- everyone except the keyboardist represented, with emphasis on the bassist​
Those who don't think Enchant would be a good fit for the festival, at least check out the videos of their latest live performance before making a final judgment. :)

They too soft for me. Maybe they can play preshow. That way people who want them can watch and those who do not can skip.

why do some people have the mindset that music has to be heavy to be good? I've personally never even listened to enchant, so ill check them out, but reading posts like these just make me shake my head.

why do some people have the mindset that music has to be heavy to be good? I've personally never even listened to enchant, so ill check them out, but reading posts like these just make me shake my head.

well said

I love the
'I don't want to see them so don't have them play'
type comment

I come to PP every year and there are at least a couple bands I can't stand - but I don't friggin whine about it. I see who I want and enjoy the festival - and always have a great time and see some great performances.

Come October, there will have been 8 ProgPowers with 90+ slots filled over that time including the pre-party slots.

Enchant is right here in the USA (and presumably less expensive to bring to PP), have existed before ProgPower started, but are batting 0-for-90+ when it comes to landing a roster spot. Coincidence? Accidental oversight by Glenn?

Every calendar year there are multiple threads like this posted to wooo Glenn into putting them on the bill. Those threads are also batting .000.

Just stating the facts. I don't mind if Enchant plays an early spot at a future PP.