Enchant on Thursday night

Love Enchant, but the singer leaving while all the instrumental parts were coming on was kind of distracting, although perhaps he did it to give the spotlight to the other guys!!

that is traditional with live bands. i do it when my guitarist solos however we don't play in places big enough for me to walk off. i go back to riser and get a drink of water and allow him to have his time. it's respect issue within a band i feel.

They were very good. The vocals were really good. Shame about the tech problems with the bass guitar....that seemed to throw them for a bit. I was curious to see if they were going to try to play an edgier set since so many folks over the years thought they were not heavy enough to play at PP. For those more familiar, do you think that this was a typical set for them...or do you think they played their heavier material?

Having seen them at their last three performances before PPUSA--Avalon in Santa Clara and the two BARfests--I would say that they played some of their heavier material and played them a bit heavier and more agressive than they had the previous shows. They have been a favorite band of mine for years and they have killed every time I saw them.

Enchant put on a pretty good show. Great music, but the between-songs banter really won me over. It made for a very entertaining set.

And I still can't stop chuckling at the bromance between Met-Al and Ted. :lol:

Love Enchant, but the singer leaving while all the instrumental parts were coming on was kind of distracting, although perhaps he did it to give the spotlight to the other guys!!

I'm sure that's the reason, and honestly, I've noticed a lot of other singers doing that, too. LaBrie, for example, almost always does...so does Khan and many others...

I actually appreciate it and think it's a good idea, honestly....if the singer isn't singing, I don't want to be distracted by whatever else he/she's doing.

Craig

It was great to see them play again and for it to finally be at PP! They always put on an awesome show! It was great to hangin' out with them again too! I look forward to a new album and seeing the live again!

Talking to Ed, he wasn't completely happy with their set, saying that he didn't feel it was a very tight set...
But I've seen them 4 times before this and they are one of the tightest live bands I've seen. Mesmorizingly so.
Saying the Progpower set wasn't tight just goes to show you how high these guys expectations are.
Because they ruled!

LMAO!! Kinda funny that Ted is criticized here for doing what others criticized Clay in Suspyre (the band before Enchant) didn't do. It just goes to show that there is NO pleasing everyone!

Enchant kicked so much butt its not even funny! Ted delivered one of the best vocal performances of the entire weekend (Mindcrime and Circus Maximus are strong contenders as well)! I thought that they played and sounded great! And Ed forgetting about being hooked up to a cable was actually more entertaining to me than a problem. Nobody or equipment got hurt in the making of that set, so all is good! ;-) On a more personal note, the members of Enchant are awesome and it was great to hang out with them! They are super-nice and down-to-earth. My wife really enjoyed their set and hanging with them too! She even got to hang with them more than I did!!!!