Enchant last night at Progpower 10 preparty

Burke

Oct 14, 2002
South Florida
Well the boys finally got on the stage at Progpower and it was great to be able to see the set, right up at the rail in front of Ed.

There was a technical issue with Ed's bass in the second song but after alot of trying, it was sorted out.

I thought they kicked TOTAL ASS and it was great to run into loads of cool Enchant fans, both out on the floor at the venue and back at my hotel. And the guys just looked like they had alot of fun up there

I know we did in the audience

Set list for those interested:

Prognosis (GREAT opener)
At Death's Door
Under Fire
Fade 2 Grey
Sinking Sand
Queen of the Informed (first time ever performed live)
Blindsided (Bill's nose makes its triumphant return! )
Hostile World :worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy
Oasis

I know they got jammed up on time so they had to skip two songs but regardless, it was just an awesome night :headbang:

THe Enchant show was simply magical to me. To say it was a moving experience is just simple somehow. To finally see them play live moved me to tears of joy and to be able to watch as well as HEAR the amazing talent of each member of this band. I am not worthy ;) And when I say magic...rubbing shoulders with Ted as he sang from the audience and then clapping at the end of show only to have Doug's pick 'megically' appear between my palms. DAmn I say...STILL not worthy!

Bravo Gentlemen....BRAVO! Now get your bad selves back to the East Coast and SOON! If you need help scouting venues let me know! We can't wait to see you play live again. Btw...we ended up turning our roadtrip buddy and dear sister Irish onto your music.

THe Enchant show was simply magical to me. To say it was a moving experience is just simple somehow. To finally see them play live moved me to tears of joy and to be able to watch as well as HEAR the amazing talent of each member of this band. I am not worthy ;) And when I say magic...rubbing shoulders with Ted as he sang from the audience and then clapping at the end of show only to have Doug's pick 'megically' appear between my palms. DAmn I say...STILL not worthy!

Bravo Gentlemen....BRAVO! Now get your bad selves back to the East Coast and SOON! If you need help scouting venues let me know! We can't wait to see you play live again. Btw...we ended up turning our roadtrip buddy and dear sister Irish onto your music.

There were definitely new converts made that night :)

Great post! :headbang:

I posted this in the PPUSA forum, but I just had to post this again because it just shows you that even if Enchant isn't as "heavy" as the other bands, they've got fans all over.

One of the things I thought was awesome was I overheard a kid behind me talking about how he left class in Mississippi early because he did not want to miss Enchant. It turns out he drove about 300 miles to see Enchant. On top of that, this kid was a Death Metal fan! (his denim vest had all sorts of death metal patches like Bolt Thrower) After the set the kid was so happy I thought he was going to cry.

This was my 1st Prog Power and I was so glad that Enchant was part of it. It was great to see them play live after a year hiatus; I was one of the lucky ones to see them play last year at BAR Fest, but I am glad they played at Prog Power and my 1st one at that.

One of the things I thought was awesome was I overheard a kid behind me talking about how he left class in Mississippi early because he did not want to miss Enchant. It turns out he drove about 300 miles to see Enchant. On top of that, this kid was a Death Metal fan! (his denim vest had all sorts of death metal patches like Bolt Thrower) After the set the kid was so happy I thought he was going to cry.

YES! I saw him, too...he was right in front of me. We must have been standing right in a line. There was some downright-frightening-looking patches on his vest, but he was as rabid an Enchant fan as anyone I've met (and that includes me <foams at mouth>). :)

Just goes to show...GREAT music has no boundaries, and is not constrained by labels or genre!!

Craig

You guys have no idea what that set meant to me! Christina said to me later - "That is what I love about this festival - when I see a face like yours during the Enchant's set!" Also, right after the set, the people behind us in the seats leaned over and said - "You really enjoyed that set - you must be familiar with their music!" We cracked up!!! Uh, just a little!

Everyone we talked too loved the set too - lots of new fans!!!

Cheerios!
Mare