What about Enchant?

rockyracoon said:
Enchant vocals are really where they drop the ball. Just bad...

If by "bad" you mean "best in the genre", sure. Geez. Then again, what do you expect from a cubs fan?

Btw, even though Enchant has been one of my two or three favorite bands for the past five years, I just don't think they're complemented very well by the rest of this year's lineup. So I'd prefer they be saved for a different year, personally.

General Zod said:
My bad. I didn't check the date, and made the incorrect assumption that you were suggesting they take over the vacated headliner spot.

Zod
Hey np. I could have easliy made a mistake like that too, since old threads don't usually get ressurected 2 1/2 months after the last post.

Unca Kev said:
That would be awesome, if that could happen! But according to Glenn, they have to have an album out before then. But he did say that the response, that they got on this forum, warrants a slot in the future.
Hahaha!! I even mentioned something like this in the thread about NM backing out. This would be so F**KING AWESOME!

Well, they have put out quite a few albums already and have been around for a while. I'd hate to se them held back just because they didn't put out another before Sept. Also, perhaps the recent turn of events something like this might be more of a possibility?

One can dream!

rockyracoon said:
Enchant...I don't view them as an acceptable replacement for Nevermore. I would prefer to see someone similar to Nevermore. Enchant vocals are really where they drop the ball. Just bad...
I can see where many people would just want another similar type band taking the slot, but we may not get that anyhow. I personally don't need that, I just want somebody good and Enchant is GREAT!

Really? I LOVE, not like, the vocals!!! Ted is the MAN! In rerality, I don't think it is fair to call the vox bad, just not the style you prefer. That is a totally valid statement for someone to make and I can respect that. But coming from a technical aspect, Ted crushes! :worship:

Anakinnnn said:
Enchant for PPVIII!!!!
It's LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG overdue.

ANAKIN
Well, you know I'm going to wholeheartedly agree!!!! These guys rock and it is definitely time for them to make an appearance! And by the response I've seen up here, I think many agree! And I have no doubt that they'd put butts in seats!!

Man, you really dug this thread out from the graves. :lol:

I actually got to see Enchant when they did NEARFest a few years ago, and they put together a pretty good set. Unfortunately, bands like that don't go over all that well with the Prog Rock crowd. (Similar reactions to Tiles and Under The Sun.)

I wouldn't mind seeing them at ProgPower, but I couldn't see them going over well as a 1 or 2 band. If you aren't going to have them open, you'd need the right bands around them.

Jason

I'm glad to see that this thread got the cob webs shaken off! It saves us the trouble of starting a new one! :p Enchant would be GREAT at PPVIII and I know that the boys would LOVE to do it! :headbang: Plus, they've been jamming again, playing live and making plans for upcoming shows!

Rick Pierpont said:
Well, you know I'm going to wholeheartedly agree!!!!

You know I'm all over it, too!! ENCHANT FOR PROGPOWER VIII!!!!!! :kickass:

As far as the people saying they aren't heavy enough...I'd say they're heavier than Freak Kitchen, comparable to Conception, comparable to Dreamscape (though Dreamscape def has heavier songs), comparable to Stride, heavier than much of PoS' stuff.

Enchant would definitely be one of the "lighter" bands to play ProgPower thus far, but not so much as to be out of place. Now...a band like Riverside...much as I like 'em, I think they'd be out of place. Besides, with all the Power-heavy ProgPower's of the past couple of years, I think it's time for a Prog-heavy (or at least give us Enchant, Glenn!!) :headbang:

Craig
NP: Enchant - Below Zero

No doubt Enchant deserves a spot at PP. As I stated maybe 6 months ago(damn this thread is old) I dont care for the vox. I would argue they would be a poor choice to headline, but aside from that certainly deserving of perhaps a #3 slot. And yeah they'd be one of the "lighter" bands to play PP, but I don't see that as a problem at all.

rockyracoon said:
No doubt Enchant deserves a spot at PP. As I stated maybe 6 months ago(damn this thread is old) I dont care for the vox. I would argue they would be a poor choice to headline, but aside from that certainly deserving of perhaps a #3 slot. And yeah they'd be one of the "lighter" bands to play PP, but I don't see that as a problem at all.

Just throwing this out there - if you haven't, check out songs from Tug of War because in my opinion (latest studio cd), Ted's vox have been getting better and better with each consecutive album. I am continually surprised when I listen to Tug and hear what he is doing on some of those tunes...... :)

ENCHANT in 2007 :headbang: