What about Enchant?

Almost everything they've ever done is smoking, but I have a soft spot for their debut, Blueprint of the World. Great songwriting, and playing, but yeah, I wish I had the remaster... the only thing I can see criticizing is the production.

But hell yeah, they are ALWAYS one of my choices for a band to play ProgPower... us east coast cats NEVER get to see the boys in Enchant at anything, so I figure at gig (middle position) at ProgPower would square away some issues right there.

Looking forward to a new CD, if one is in the works... anyone know anything about this? Their site seems a little outdated at the current time.

Interestingly, I think that the band, from a vocal vantage point, is similar to Hubi Meisel in that people either love the vocals, or find them too "wimpy" (I prefer delicate, but that could be overstating it a bit) - they are perfect for their refined Rush/Marillion/Fates Warning prog/rock style.

Denis said:
They are a headline act and I hope to see them next year!!!
refering merely to the point that enchant is good enough to headline friday or saturday for those who are unfamiliar with them. such as when we had the conception reunion last year. i too hope to see them live, my 2 year old watches the live at last dvd with me and is enthralled.

People looking for a starting point for Enchant would do well to start where Enchant started... their debut album, Blueprint of the World! One of my favorite CDs of all times. I really like all of them a lot so it really is hard to pick one over another, but I also highly recommend Blink of An Eye and Juggling 9 or Dropping 10. Finish up with Blueprint and the other two then get Wounded, Break, Tug of War, and Time Lost.

While they all sound like Enchant, there are some nuances between the disks. Without going into detail, I based my recommendations on my personal favorites as well as what I hear people talk about and also the general traits that I think people tend to like.

Or if you want to get an overall flavor in sort of a greatest hits, go get Live at Last -- preferably the DVD, but the CD is acceptable too. ;)

Enjoy!

Rick Pierpont said:
People looking for a starting point for Enchant would do well to start where Enchant started... their debut album, Blueprint of the World! One of my favorite CDs of all times. I really like all of them a lot so it really is hard to pick one over another, but I also highly recommend Blink of An Eye and Juggling 9 or Dropping 10. Finish up with Blueprint and the other two then get Wounded, Break, Tug of War, and Time Lost.

And once your hoooked, Xen - 84,000 Dharma Doors is a must have. It's their former drummers one time side project. He wrote the tunes and played drums, keys, and guitar. It also has Ted on vox, Doug on guitar, and their fromer keyboardist doing some programming as well. It's like listening to an Enchant cd but with a slight twist. A most excellent cd if you ask me.

ENCHANT rules!! :hotjump:
these guys are a class act live and can rock tha house! grant the progpower community this experience, this live music treasure, to cherish forever and ever ... invite ENCHANT! :headbang: :)

Tuflus said:
And once your hoooked, Xen - 84,000 Dharma Doors is a must have. It's their former drummers one time side project. He wrote the tunes and played drums, keys, and guitar. It also has Ted on vox, Doug on guitar, and their fromer keyboardist doing some programming as well. It's like listening to an Enchant cd but with a slight twist. A most excellent cd if you ask me.
Absolutely! I forgot to mention that before. Thanks for filling in the gap for me! :) Anything with Ted Leonard singing on it is going to be awesome! His performance on Live at Last is nothing short of amazing! He rarely took shortcuts and even embellished further at times. He saved some vocal marathons for the end of a 2 hour show and that is mind-blowing! When he holds "Rain" in Pure (from Wounded) it brings out goosebumps!

Soooooooo.........here we are.........again. Another year.........

Enchant for PPVIII?

Come on Glenn.......look at this thread........it's insanity........it's still alive and there's no other band from the early days of modern progressive metal that hasn't appeared and needs to.........
Is this the year? Let's get them while the getting's hot.......since this is a hopeful year for a new album before the show.......perfect timing!

So, talk to me Glenn.

ANAKIN
Jason