What about Enchant?

Rick Pierpont

Odin's Court Guitar
Oct 1, 2003
Morrisville, NC
www.myspace.com
Seriously!! I think these guys have been passed over enough! It is time to bring these boys East and let them tear it up! There is no doubt in my mind that all the serious prog heads would love that! And I think they are musical enough that many metal heads would be fine with them.

I know I've spotted some requests for Enchant in another thread.

Enchant for PP VII!!

Heyyyyyyyyy Rick!!!

You are so right - Enchant would frickin' ROCK at ProgPower!!! These guys are serious musicians and put on a hell of a live show! If y'all haven't seen their DVD yet do yourself a favor and snag a copy and take a look! They haven't played live here in the US very much but have toured Europe numerous times and an appearance at ProgPower would be right up their alley! These guys have a sound all their own and judging from the hugely positive crowd response this year for the non hard-core bands, PP is a perfect setting for them. This is ProgPower - not just PowerPower!!! ProgMetal kicks serious butt and so does ENCHANT!!!!! Bring them on!!!

Cheers!

YES YES YES YES
:headbang:

Been talking about them for years - If PC 69 can play and DC can do that set at the preparty then these guys can definitely play - as Mare and Rik said, they put on a great live show and I KNOW they have a lot of fans out there. They are a US band on Inside Out and have paid their dues - they have toured plenty in Europe and toured with Dream Theater, Threshold, hell they just did that Holland festival with Prymary and a bunch of other bands.....

I just ran into a a few people this last festival who I talked with about the band who were fans. I know Eric Ragno who was at the CD Inzane booth will back me up as he was at the Enchant DVD taping a few years back, as well as Dustin from Kategory V (or is it Mr. Mangina now??)

These guys should get a shot - no doubt about it!!!!!!!!! :Smokin: :headbang:

General - for a first listen, I would suggest Blink of an Eye or Juggling 9 or Dropping 10. If you want the 'proggier' side of things, their first album 'Blue print of the World' is just amazing. (get the remaster - much better sound). First time I heard Blueprint and the drumming on it, I thought I had discovered Neil Peart's secret bastard son! :p

ZOD, I would start with TUG O WAR and work back.

Enchant had commented that they thought some of their material would be to melodic but after seeing melodic sides of band like Stride and PC69 they would be fine...Plus thier musician ship is on par with any band that has played PP...This band is awesome!!!:headbang:

Azrael LenGraden said:
ZOD, I would start with TUG O WAR and work back.

Enchant had commented that they thought some of their material would be to melodic but after seeing melodic sides of band like Stride and PC69 they would be fine...Plus thier musician ship is on par with any band that has played PP...This band is awesome!!!:headbang:

You know... that is true.

I'd still say they need to stick to their heavier side and leave, say
Acquaintance and Beautiful, off the list. :p

Melodic is fine, but playing slowing it down to a crawl and making me want to gaze into Swordlord's eyes longingly... well, that's just wrong. :yuk:

Zilla

Can't agree more, saw Enchant at Headway earlier this year and they played an awesome set. For me Ted was the best performing singer that weekend, a pity they played the not so crowded Saturday, they deserved the packed house on Sunday and showing the audience they performed better than Fates Warning did on Sunday.

I know the band wouldn't mind playing at PP tho ;) .

DSC_6184.jpg

Ted Leonard at Headway 2005

Burke said:
YES YES YES YES
:headbang:

Been talking about them for years - If PC 69 can play and DC can do that set at the preparty then these guys can definitely play - as Mare and Rik said, they put on a great live show and I KNOW they have a lot of fans out there. They are a US band on Inside Out and have paid their dues - they have toured plenty in Europe and toured with Dream Theater, Threshold, hell they just did that Holland festival with Prymary and a bunch of other bands.....I know Eric Ragno who was at the CD Inzane booth will back me up as he was at the Enchant DVD taping a few years back, as well as Dustin from Kategory V (or is it Mr. Mangina now??)

These guys should get a shot - no doubt about it!!!!!!!!! :Smokin: :headbang:

You're preaching to the converted brother, Enchant rocks and I think it would be awesome if they got a slot at next years PPUSA, or at least let them play the Pre Party and see what the reaction is like. I think they've played every prog festival out there except for Prog Power and the live DVD gives you a pretty good idea what these guys can do live. So Glen, what do you say brother...?:headbang:

General Zod said:
Can someone recommend an Enchant CD to me?

Thanks.

Zod

To me, "Break" and "Juggling 9 or Dropping 10" are their best CDs. I have everything they've done, and though I like every CD, those two are the ones that keep getting played over and over. As someone else said, "Blueprint of the World" is one of their other best (and it's a little "proggier").

I've given both CDs as gifts to friends (and girlfriends) and never had anything but a glowingly positive reaction.

For samples, just go to their web site... www.theoasis.cc ...and click on the "Discography" link at the top of the page. Many of the listed songs can be clicked on for samples.

Of the samples, definitely check out:
"Under Fire" from "Blink of an Eye"
"What To Say" from "Juggling 9 or Dropping 10"
"King" from "Break"
"The Thirst" from "Blueprint of the World"

Sadly, their choice of songs for which to provide samples is NOT what I would have chosen. "King" is one of my least favorite songs from "Break," and while it's still good, it's nowhere near the title track, "My Enemy," or "My Gavel Hand." If you're into lyrics, they write some of the best around. The song "What To Say" gets my vote for most emotionally moving song ever, both lyrics and performance (esp. Ted's vocals). I've posted the lyrics here:

http://www.craigcaldwell.com/sounds/Enchant-WhatToSay+KnowThat.txt

Check 'em out....

Craig

Amen, Craig. Easily one of the most moving songs EVER... let alone amongst the Prog/Metal/Goat Slaying Midget Humping crowd that most of us belong to.

I would actually consider leaving the kiddie pool filled with midgets and pudding to see these guys play PP. Looks like it's time to spin that live DVD again once I get home. DAMN, these guys are great!

And chalk up another vote for "Blueprint Of The World" as a good starting point. I might need to buy the remaster of it as well, just to support the cause.

Later,
Jeffro

I've said for a long time that with a properly constructed setlist, Enchant would be an awesome band at PP. They are MUCH heavier live then on CD, and I think everyone would be stunned by how damn good of musicians they are. Plus, they're all cool guys and I imagine they'd enjoy hanging out at the show. So put me down for as a "yes" for Enchant at a future PP...

dt

I listen a lot to bands like Manticora and Brainstorm, but I would fight for a front row spot to see Enchant play at PP. They sound incredible live, and the music is hard enough for this venue.

I predict that if they play, they will get the same kind of reaction that Dreamscape got at PPV.