What about Enchant?

Unca Kev said:
Believe me, I wish that they would get the mainstage! The more exposure, the better. But if they don't get to play the mainstage, then Enchant getting to play the Pre-Party would be better than them not playing at PPVII at all. Don't you think? Besides, I don't think that there is any dishonor in playing the pre-party. Hell, if they got to headline the Pre-Party as opposed to getting a slot where people who were ariving late or getting stuff signed would miss, it would be like that Milton philosophy: Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven! :devil: Not that I'm saying the Pre-Party is really like Hell (or worse than the mainstage), I just think it's awesome too!

You do have some great points there, my man! I definitely will take the pre-party over nothing. I normally think of the pre-party for up and coming bands -- not well established bands like Enchant with 7 studio albums, a live CD and DVD, international success, etc...

Realistically, I'd expect them to get at least a 3rd slot if not 4th. Of course, any would be awesome. I'm basing that on the kind of draw I think they'd have.

And there is NO way that I'd miss even one 1/16th note of their set for ANY reason! I will be up front too! See I have it all planned out :headbang:

Rick Pierpont said:
You do have some great points there, my man! I definitely will take the pre-party over nothing. I normally think of the pre-party for up and coming bands -- not well established bands like Enchant with 7 studio albums, a live CD and DVD, international success, etc...

Realistically, I'd expect them to get at least a 3rd slot if not 4th. Of course, any would be awesome. I'm basing that on the kind of draw I think they'd have.

And there is NO way that I'd miss even one 1/16th note of their set for ANY reason! I will be up front too! See I have it all planned out :headbang:

AMEN BRUTHA!!!:headbang:

Petethedrummer said:
I think you win the award for most posts in a row

Well the more posts, the more pages, the more likely that Glenn will take notice and see a demand for Enchant! So let's keep the chatter up about what we like about Enchant! Plus get other forum members to to put in there support too! Also, let's get other, non-forum member, Enchant fans to sign up for this forum and post in this thread too! It ain't over until that lady from Therion sings! :headbang:

I'm just not right! :devil:

J-Dubya 777 said:
Great, at least I have someone's leg to keep YOU off of! :saint:

I'd actually like to see them too....They GOTTA be better tha PoS! :heh:

pain of salvation? can't speak for the progpower show, but their show in böblingen, germany was fantastic! if i had my way, PoS would tour together with enchant! :headbang:

speaking about the remasters, they are definitely recommended! especially for those that might not have any enchant albums, yet.

what to get first? hmmm ...:
juggling 9 ... is imo easy to get into (sorta like flow from conception :D )
blink of an eye
blueprint ... very proggy but well blended; it's like a good whisky - takes a while to reach the stomach, but when it does, you feel warm and fuzzy inside :tickled:
wounded
tug of war
break
time lost
or just get the live dvd first, with the best of every album. ;)

of course, anyone can listen to the soundfiles on the enchant website to find the sound they like at first hearing -> www.theoasis.cc

oh, and enchant for the next pp event! c'mon, give me a reason to travel to atlanta! :p

Yeah.. they were! Wasn't it great when they finally got off the stage and all of us that were waiting outside at the bar were like, "Thank Christ that is over!". Yep.. that was the BEST!!!

POS... never was there a more aptly acronymed band.

But back on topic... BRING ON ENCHANT!!!!!

Burning my Danny Gilded-toes Zuni fetish doll and listening to something a little less gay than POS... like the soundtrack to "Guys and Dolls",
Jeffro

purplica said:
pain of salvation? can't speak for the progpower show, but their show in böblingen, germany was fantastic! if i had my way, PoS would tour together with enchant! :headbang:

speaking about the remasters, they are definitely recommended! especially for those that might not have any enchant albums, yet.

what to get first? hmmm ...:
juggling 9 ... is imo easy to get into (sorta like flow from conception :D )
blink of an eye
blueprint ... very proggy but well blended; it's like a good whisky - takes a while to reach the stomach, but when it does, you feel warm and fuzzy inside :tickled:
wounded
tug of war
break
time lost
or just get the live dvd first, with the best of every album. ;)

of course, anyone can listen to the soundfiles on the enchant website to find the sound they like at first hearing -> www.theoasis.cc

oh, and enchant for the next pp event! c'mon, give me a reason to travel to atlanta! :p
Don't mind JayDub, he "love" for PoS is notorious. He doesn't like them and is quite public about that. Especially since he knows that I like them!
I have seen them three times. PPI, III, and V. I and II were stellar perfomrances, V was passable but they seemed to come ill-prepared :( By far, their worst performance.

And now with Mr. Daniel "Outspoken" Gildenlow we will probably never see them again in the states. He hates us and is unfortunately allowing his own political views and agenda to supercede the success of his band :( And of course, that has further fueled Mr. JayDub's hatred of PoS!

SliderJeff said:
Yeah.. they were! Wasn't it great when they finally got off the stage and all of us that were waiting outside at the bar were like, "Thank Christ that is over!". Yep.. that was the BEST!!!

POS... never was there a more aptly acronymed band.

But back on topic... BRING ON ENCHANT!!!!!

Burning my Danny Gilded-toes Zuni fetish doll and listening to something a little less gay than POS... like the soundtrack to "Guys and Dolls",
Jeffro
I should've known that it wouldn't take too long for JayDub's PP roomie to chime in with his hatred of PoS too :lol: I have to admit, that was pretty funny Jeff!

"He'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your bartenders and servers."

HELL YES!! Bring them on. And no visas or passports required Glenn!!

Dude, you are on a roll today! :zombie:

Hey, we still need to talk sometime. Give me a call or tell me a good time to call you.

Danny should be sodomized with a snapped, sharpened, goatcrap-covered hockey stick. And that's just for "Remedy Lane". Don't even get me started on "BE", i.e. "Bowel Expulsion". :)

Hugs and smooches,
Jeffro

Rick... I'll drop you a line soon. Work is a cluster-f*** right now with this lastest Microsoft crap I am trying to get off the ground. Evidently I am the whole "development" team on this. Love it!

Later,
Jeff

Rick Pierpont said:
Don't mind JayDub, he "love" for PoS is notorious. He doesn't like them and is quite public about that. Especially since he knows that I like them!
I have seen them three times. PPI, III, and V. I and II were stellar perfomrances, V was passable but they seemed to come ill-prepared :( By far, their worst performance.

And now with Mr. Daniel "Outspoken" Gildenlow we will probably never see them again in the states. He hates us and is unfortunately allowing his own political views and agenda to supercede the success of his band :( And of course, that has further fueled Mr. JayDub's hatred of PoS!

thanks for pointing that out to me. then i won't spend time on replying should he mention them. :rolleyes: ;)

Back on topic. YES YES YES! I've been an Enchant fan since their debut was released in 1995. It's possible that no band is better at combining great lyrics, great vocals, great musicianship, and great melodies. Their songs are cohesive but complex ... memorable, heartfelt, emotional. A nearly perfect prog metal band. And I hear they're awesome guys, too. I'd love to meet them.

There's literally no band I'd want to see at PPUSA more than Enchant.

Okay i will vote for Enchant they are a really powerful and awesome band, but if we have them we also need Prototype also.

DT Jesus said:
Your signature is my Away Message on AIM almost every night when I go to bed. :D

Dude - my favorite Enchant song ever - Paul Craddick RULES.... :headbang:

Did you go to PP this year? We gotta hook up next year!

DT Jesus said:
Back on topic. YES YES YES! I've been an Enchant fan since their debut was released in 1995. It's possible that no band is better at combining great lyrics, great vocals, great musicianship, and great melodies. Their songs are cohesive but complex ... memorable, heartfelt, emotional. A nearly perfect prog metal band. And I hear they're awesome guys, too. I'd love to meet them.

There's literally no band I'd want to see at PPUSA more than Enchant.

Well said, DT!!! I have to add powerful to your list too. No, it's not that they have their amps turned up to 11 - it's that the power of their music can knock you flat!

And yep, they are an awesome crew too - very funny dudes who love their music and truly appreciate their fans!

Cheers!