What about Enchant?

To PPUS Staff :Bring Enchant, and I'll take one plane ticket to the festival, this has to be a night to remember. I'll come all the way from Paris France !
It's time the mighty Enchant deserves much much more exposure, think about it !

Yes--Enchant totally deserves to be at ProgPower, and PP would benefit immensely from presenting Enchant to what will be a massive audience. The guys absolutely blew us all away at the DVD taping--check out the DVD for rock-solid proof. Being with Enchant live is quite amazing--they manage to ratchet up the power and emotion to unbelievable heights. And it's very satisfying that in spite of all their talent, they are very approachable and have a profound respect and caring for their fans. Enchant really blasted the house at last year's CalProg show in SoCal, presenting a hard-edged prog-set that kicked very serious butt. I'm still hoping for some video or at least audio to be released from that show, to further prove to the US what Europe already knows--Enchant is so ready for this type of exposure. Enchant is the whole package--progressive and powerful--book 'em!!!

A few Enchant lyric quotes that might picque the interest of some board members....

"And the ones who let their hearts rule their minds
will burn their bridges when they've crossed,
and leave the world behind…"

"Lives are running novels
At times you read, at times you write
The choice of which to do
Might keep you awake at night"

"And the target's well within my sights
But my hands won't release the bow
I've been pulling back on it so long
I've forgotten how to let it go
And I know I have the means
But my will is gone
And I fear I won't succeed
So I'm holding on"

"I've spent my life searching for something to keep me constantly content,
And now I'm left here with a longing for what I've spent"

"Stay for a moment
Stay for while
Join in on this masquerade
Filled with regret and denial
We are kindred spirits,
Though parallel lines
Heading off in different directions
Never to entwine"

"All's fair in war, so they say
But later as I try to sleep
I just can't help but replay
When I sat in as deity
Was this man a loving father?
Was this man an only son?
Though it was one of us or the other
I don't feel like the lucky one"

"He put berries on a vine, stirred waves into the sea
He put planets in a line, but He didn't finish me
He made daytime and the night (so you'd appreciate the sun)
Am I the darkness to your light? so that you'll be glad you're one...
...of the lucky ones,
with all your sanity to spare?
So keep pretending not to see me, I'll keep pretending not to care"

I wonder what Glenn thinks about them..I honestly do not recall seeing his take on Enchant. I love them, caught them at NEARFEST 2002, bought a ticket for the LIVE AT LAST DVD but couldn't afford the airfare from Minneapolis.

I would love to see them again..or even a headlining tour of the States..or maybe co-headline with King's X would kickass.

Kyle

Soundscape said:
I wonder what Glenn thinks about them..I honestly do not recall seeing his take on Enchant. I love them, caught them at NEARFEST 2002, bought a ticket for the LIVE AT LAST DVD but couldn't afford the airfare from Minneapolis.

I would love to see them again..or even a headlining tour of the States..or maybe co-headline with King's X would kickass.

Kyle

You're lucky! I'd like to have seen them at Nearfest. I heard about it after the fact, after I saw the show for the DVD taping. I wish that you could have made it for that. It was great! Plus we got to hang out with the band, the night before, at the Pyramid Ale House. They're cool guys. So were the Enchant fans that I got to meet there as well. I've hung out with a few of them since at PPVI. It was the only time that I've seen them play and I want to see more! :headbang:

And to see King's X again would great too! They're one of the first, if not thee first, prog band that I dug.

Unca Kev said:
You're lucky! I'd like to have seen them at Nearfest. I heard about it after the fact, after I saw the show for the DVD taping. I wish that you could have made it for that. It was great! Plus we got to hang out with the band, the night before, at the Pyramid Ale House. They're cool guys. So were the Enchant fans that I got to meet there as well. I've hung out with a few of them since at PPVI. It was the only time that I've seen them play and I want to see more! :headbang:

And to see King's X again would great too! They're one of the first, if not thee first, prog band that I dug.

Yeah I read about how cool it was hanging with them the night before. The acoustic thing right?..I did get to hang out and meet them for about an hour at NF atleast. The other thing was, the exact same night of that LIVE AT LAST gig, Dream Theater was playing in Minneapolis. I have not missed a local Dream Theater concert in town here since I became a fan going back to '97, so in some respects I was not unhappy with that consolation. But in hindsight, I suppose I still wish I had gone to the show in Oakland. I recall it was simulcast and re-broadcast via Video stream online, and I saw some of it anyway, but it's not the same of course, plus just meeting the fans and hanging with the band for 2 days. I was in debt at the time tho so my budget sorta decided my fate I guess.

Hopefully I'll get to see Enchant again tho, they are 1 of my Big 10 bands as well as King's X too.

Kyle

Soundscape said:
Yeah I read about how cool it was hanging with them the night before. The acoustic thing right?..I did get to hang out and meet them for about an hour at NF atleast. The other thing was, the exact same night of that LIVE AT LAST gig, Dream Theater was playing in Minneapolis. I have not missed a local Dream Theater concert in town here since I became a fan going back to '97, so in some respects I was not unhappy with that consolation. But in hindsight, I suppose I still wish I had gone to the show in Oakland. I recall it was simulcast and re-broadcast via Video stream online, and I saw some of it anyway, but it's not the same of course, plus just meeting the fans and hanging with the band for 2 days. I was in debt at the time tho so my budget sorta decided my fate I guess.

Hopefully I'll get to see Enchant again tho, they are 1 of my Big 10 bands as well as King's X too.

Kyle

They didn't play an acoustic set the night before. They just hung out with all of us, in a sectioned off room, of that bar. Did you buy the DVD yet? I hear ya about the buget concerns. I flew from Fort Lauderdale. It was around $300! OUCH! I almost didn't go either. I was wondering if I was crazy for spending that much, especially being a new fan and all. But after I hung out with them and got to see them play, it was all worth it. Plus it's always good to go on the trip with my good friend Burke (member on this forum and a HUGE Enchant fan for years) and it was my first time to Cali, so that was all gravy!

Unca Kev said:
They didn't play an acoustic set the night before. They just hung out with all of us, in a sectioned off room, of that bar. Did you buy the DVD yet? I hear ya about the buget concerns. I flew from Fort Lauderdale. It was around $300! OUCH! I almost didn't go either. I was wondering if I was crazy for spending that much, especially being a new fan and all. But after I hung out with them and got to see them play, it was all worth it. Plus it's always good to go on the trip with my good friend Burke (member on this forum and a HUGE Enchant fan for years) and it was my first time to Cali, so that was all gravy!
That sounds like a great time - with or without an acoustic set. It is always a good time when a band gets a chance to hang out with there fans in an environment void of pretentiousness.

Everyone should own the DVD -- it is awesome! Great, great performance!

Well, you are one lucky dude! I've been a fan for years but had no idea about the shooting. I probably would've made that trip! I don't need much of an excuse to visit CA (and love NorCal - have even spent time in Oakland/Alameda), but to be at a historic moment like that would've been icing on the cake!

Rick Pierpont said:
That sounds like a great time - with or without an acoustic set. It is always a good time when a band gets a chance to hang out with there fans in an environment void of pretentiousness.

Everyone should own the DVD -- it is awesome! Great, great performance!

Well, you are one lucky dude! I've been a fan for years but had no idea about the shooting. I probably would've made that trip! I don't need much of an excuse to visit CA (and love NorCal - have even spent time in Oakland/Alameda), but to be at a historic moment like that would've been icing on the cake!

Well maybe they'll do another DVD taping in the future. I'll have to ask about that sometime. Hey if they play Prog Power, it will be tapped. Then maybe they could release that with some other live footage and have enough for another DVD! :headbang:

Hey Sign me up as another who would LOVE to see Enchant play at Prog Power! It would be like my dream of seeing Vanden Plas play live.....earth moving! Might be my only chance to see them! I can see Scott and I now...just sitting there watching Enchant play and having mutual eargasms!

ENCHANT ENCHANT ENCHANT!

Coldie

Coldfire Mouse said:
Hey Sign me up as another who would LOVE to see Enchant play at Prog Power! It would be like my dream of seeing Vanden Plas play live.....earth moving! Might be my only chance to see them! I can see Scott and I now...just sitting there watching Enchant play and having mutual eargasms!

ENCHANT ENCHANT ENCHANT!

Coldie
Hey Coldie!

Glad to see you poke your head into this thread! You are definitely one person who knows how much I like Enchant! :cool:

I'm also glad to hear that you are coming to the Kamelot show! Thanks for supporting us too! You Rock! :headbang: (Matt passed on your message - of course I know:) I look forward to seeing you and Scott there.

Have you checked out the links to our demo samples yet? I'd love to hear your opinion since we've been working hard to improve our sound!

Anyhow, talk to/see you soon! Say Hi to Scott and Lauren!

Take care,