What about Enchant?

Greykiller said:
I listen a lot to bands like Manticora and Brainstorm, but I would fight for a front row spot to see Enchant play at PP. They sound incredible live, and the music is hard enough for this venue.

I predict that if they play, they will get the same kind of reaction that Dreamscape got at PPV.

Dude I LOVE ENCHANT!!! Get them on there!!!!!! :Smokin:

Rick Pierpont said:
Seriously!! I think these guys have been passed over enough! It is time to bring these boys East and let them tear it up! There is no doubt in my mind that all the serious prog heads would love that! And I think they are musical enough that many metal heads would be fine with them.

I know I've spotted some requests for Enchant in another thread.

Enchant for PP VII!!

Great, at least I have someone's leg to keep YOU off of! :saint:

I'd actually like to see them too....They GOTTA be better tha PoS! :heh:

Glenn should totally take note of this, I mean 22 replys and not a single bad one saying oh they are okay or anything like that. Once again ENCHANT FOR PP VII!!

chynablue said:
You're preaching to the converted brother, Enchant rocks and I think it would be awesome if they got a slot at next years PPUSA, or at least let them play the Pre Party and see what the reaction is like. I think they've played every prog festival out there except for Prog Power and the live DVD gives you a pretty good idea what these guys can do live. So Glen, what do you say brother...?:headbang:

I totally agree with these guys! Glen, get Enchant out here for either the mainstage or the the pre-party! I saw them at the DVD taping, as well, and they totally ROCKED :headbang: and were soulful too! Not to mention they crack jokes in between songs, so they're an all around GREAT band to see live! Not to mention cool to hang out and talk with as we did at the Pyramid Ale House, before the DVD taping. All these guys are talented musicians, but as a bass player I have to make a special mention that Ed Platt tore it up on the bass! Hell we'll get them to use more cowbell for ya Glen! :D

sccaldwell said:
If you're into lyrics, they write some of the best around. The song "What To Say" gets my vote for most emotionally moving song ever, both lyrics and performance (esp. Ted's vocals). I've posted the lyrics here:

http://www.craigcaldwell.com/sounds/Enchant-WhatToSay+KnowThat.txt

Check 'em out....

Craig

I agree with you 110% about the song "What to Say"! That is the one that gets to me the most! ::BEATS MY CHEST:: I think that Burke and I cried like 12 year old girls with skinned knees when they played that song live @ the DVD taping! :cry:

Unca Kev said:
I agree with you 110% about the song "What to Say"! That is the one that gets to me the most! ::BEATS MY CHEST:: I think that Burke and I cried like 12 year old girls with skinned knees when they played that song live @ the DVD taping! :cry:

Yeah that's the song that got me seriously into this band. Although seeing you & Burke crying like 12 year old girls was probably the second thing...you guys are frigging insane, but it looks like a lot of people here agree - bring on the ENCHANT!!!!! :devil:

chynablue said:
Yeah that's the song that got me seriously into this band. Although seeing you & Burke crying like 12 year old girls was probably the second thing...you guys are frigging insane, but it looks like a lot of people here agree - bring on the ENCHANT!!!!! :devil:

HELL YEAH BRUTHA MAN!!! BRING ON ENCHANT GLENN!!!:headbang: And yeah, we're loco too!:loco:

Burke said:
http://www.theoasis.cc/pictures/ted_ssb_live.mpg

Check out this vid of Ted Leonard from Enchant singing the Star Spangled Banner recently at SPC Ball Park when the San Francisco Giants played the Atlanta Braves!
:kickass:

I just watched Ted's rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner"...it gave me goosebumps! This is another example of what I said about the guys in Enchant being so talented and so soulful!

mgirishfan said:
Heyyyyyyyyy Rick!!!

You are so right - Enchant would frickin' ROCK at ProgPower!!! These guys are serious musicians and put on a hell of a live show! If y'all haven't seen their DVD yet do yourself a favor and snag a copy and take a look! They haven't played live here in the US very much but have toured Europe numerous times and an appearance at ProgPower would be right up their alley! These guys have a sound all their own and judging from the hugely positive crowd response this year for the non hard-core bands, PP is a perfect setting for them. This is ProgPower - not just PowerPower!!! ProgMetal kicks serious butt and so does ENCHANT!!!!! Bring them on!!!

Cheers!
Hey Mare!

Playing phone tag is fun isn't it? :)

No doubt! I knew you'd be behind me on this one! Hell yeah! That DVD is awesome. I watched it in its entirety weekend before last and part of it this past weekend! Those guys in Europe are so lucky for that too!

Absolutely! After attending just about every PP event, I know that Enchant belongs at PP!

Talk to/See you soon! Call or write me so I know where we are going!

Burke said:
YES YES YES YES
:headbang:

Been talking about them for years - If PC 69 can play and DC can do that set at the preparty then these guys can definitely play - as Mare and Rik said, they put on a great live show and I KNOW they have a lot of fans out there. They are a US band on Inside Out and have paid their dues - they have toured plenty in Europe and toured with Dream Theater, Threshold, hell they just did that Holland festival with Prymary and a bunch of other bands.....

I just ran into a a few people this last festival who I talked with about the band who were fans. I know Eric Ragno who was at the CD Inzane booth will back me up as he was at the Enchant DVD taping a few years back, as well as Dustin from Kategory V (or is it Mr. Mangina now??)

These guys should get a shot - no doubt about it!!!!!!!!! :Smokin: :headbang:

General - for a first listen, I would suggest Blink of an Eye or Juggling 9 or Dropping 10. If you want the 'proggier' side of things, their first album 'Blue print of the World' is just amazing. (get the remaster - much better sound). First time I heard Blueprint and the drumming on it, I thought I had discovered Neil Peart's secret bastard son! :p

Testify Burke!

Can't agree with you more!

I think Dustin's name is now Daddy Mangina! :lol:

What rock have I been living under? I didn't realize they remastered anything? MUCH BETTER?!?!?! Man, I can't even imagine that! I HAVE to get that one. I love all of them. I just told Zod to start from the beginning. J9oD10 and Blink are still plenty proggy to me.

Hell yeah! And I was nervous when I heard that Paul had left. Once I heard Sean, those worries went out the window!

SliderJeff said:
Amen, Craig. Easily one of the most moving songs EVER... let alone amongst the Prog/Metal/Goat Slaying Midget Humping crowd that most of us belong to.

I would actually consider leaving the kiddie pool filled with midgets and pudding to see these guys play PP. Looks like it's time to spin that live DVD again once I get home. DAMN, these guys are great!

And chalk up another vote for "Blueprint Of The World" as a good starting point. I might need to buy the remaster of it as well, just to support the cause.

Later,
Jeffro
Hey Jeffro!

No doubt about that too! Maybe because of recent events in my life but "What to Say" tore me up when I watched the video last week!

OK, I can do without the visuals. And knowing you so well, makes it even sicker! :lol:

Wow! We definitely agree on that!

See ya!

Greykiller said:
I listen a lot to bands like Manticora and Brainstorm, but I would fight for a front row spot to see Enchant play at PP. They sound incredible live, and the music is hard enough for this venue.

I predict that if they play, they will get the same kind of reaction that Dreamscape got at PPV.
Agreed! I love some super crunchy stuff, but Enchant has a certain sound that I just love and can't get enough of!

I think they will get a much better reaction than Dreamscape. I think they are a lot better known, have been around longer, and people are chomping at the bit to hear/see them live!

Unca Kev said:
I totally agree with these guys! Glen, get Enchant out here for either the mainstage or the the pre-party! I saw them at the DVD taping, as well, and they totally ROCKED :headbang: and were soulful too! Not to mention they crack jokes in between songs, so they're an all around GREAT band to see live! Not to mention cool to hang out and talk with as we did at the Pyramid Ale House, before the DVD taping. All these guys are talented musicians, but as a bass player I have to make a special mention that Ed Platt tore it up on the bass! Hell we'll get them to use more cowbell for ya Glen! :D
As badly as I want to see them I have to disagree with you on this one! Enchant is way too established. They deserve the main stage -- they can hang out at the pre-party! :)

Lucky bastard -- you got to the taping show too!

Yes! Ed does tear it up! And he had a great time doing it too! I'm so jealous!

Petethedrummer said:
I think you win the award for most posts in a row

:loco:

I think he's right - but its for a good cause! :Smokin:

Rick the REMASTER of Blueprint is amazing - you gotta pick it up bro. And yeah the DVD show was just such an event to attend - I was blown away.
Also check out the twinpack of Timelost and Wounded remaster - :headbang:

I'm listening to the Stride cd right now and it just reconfirms the fact that Enchant should get their shot at PP.

Rick Pierpont said:
As badly as I want to see them I have to disagree with you on this one! Enchant is way too established. They deserve the main stage -- they can hang out at the pre-party! :)

Lucky bastard -- you got to the taping show too!

Yes! Ed does tear it up! And he had a great time doing it too! I'm so jealous!

Believe me, I wish that they would get the mainstage! The more exposure, the better. But if they don't get to play the mainstage, then Enchant getting to play the Pre-Party would be better than them not playing at PPVII at all. Don't you think? Besides, I don't think that there is any dishonor in playing the pre-party. Hell, if they got to headline the Pre-Party as opposed to getting a slot where people who were ariving late or getting stuff signed would miss, it would be like that Milton philosophy: Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven! :devil: Not that I'm saying the Pre-Party is really like Hell (or worse than the mainstage), I just think it's awesome too!