I bet no one ever noticed this!!

Sengir*Buendia

Baron of Macondo
Another tricky coincidence in the vein of Never Let Go - Benighted!!!!
Imagine my perplexion when I was listening to Close to the Edge (the song) by Yes and suddenly at 2:09, CLICK!!! The same thing as in 0:57 of Karma!!!!!! Everyone try it!!!! This part in Karma had been commented recently here in the forum, and it indeed rulez!

See the similarity: the same preceding instrumental orgasm (thundering bass) cut by a long AAAAAHHHHHHH, followed by a little drum interlude and the continuation of the musical orgasm!!!!!!!!!
I doubt that it's merely a coincidence, knowing that Mikael is a prog fanatic!!!!! DAMN COOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't noticed this before, but I don't know if it's quite the same. They both say "ahh", but maybe that's coincidental, as Jon Anderson off Yes says it much shorter. I have heard worse rip-offs. Just try to listen to Lee Hazlewood's "The railroad" (from '63) and then listen to Nirvana's "About a girl" or Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to heaven" (the heavier part) and then Tracy Bonham's "Mother mother" and I could go on for a while. Then there's of course all this shit today made from samples. It doesn't get anymore rip-off than that when they don't even bother playing the shit they wanna rip, they just put the needle in the grooves of the record and then push record on their computer&/sampler! Although Opeth is one of my favorite bands, I think it's crap if Mikael has sat down and said "hey that's sounds cool (about the Yes song)" and then jacked it!!

Of course, it'd be a shame if such a cool effect like that just got buried in the seventies! Yes are totally incredible, the first progressive band I really listened to I think...

I'm glad some people here are into Yes, I'm not the only one. Yes are still, I totally believe, the most talented prog rock band on the fucking planet. Relayer is a better tune than Close to the Edge however, heheh. ;)

Any of you guys like the tune Then by Yes? I can't get enough of that song, and it's fucking ancient.

Karma is a great tune as well. I'm hoping the new harsh album is more in the vein of MAYH, and from Mikael says about it, I think it will be. Evil prog insanity, woohoo!!!

Satori