I blasted some mountains and lakes this summer.

Thanks everyone :) Credit goes to the scenery though, all I do is push the button on the machine.

Traxan, most of these were taken with a Canon Powershot SX230, and some others were taken with a Canon 50D and various lenses.

how much do those run for? with shots like that, it's gotta be pretty high up there in $$$

I just bought a Canon SX230 off eBay for $150. Just arrived and it is amazing. I have to fiddle with the settings though, but it sure saves way faster than my Lumix. That thing took forever to write to the SD Card.

That's a great little camera, Traxan. You are going to love it. I bought mine when the model was just released. Cost me almost $400!! It's my nice small backup to my 50D, which was $1100 for the body. Lenses vary between $200 and $500. Expensive glass.

Honestly, I like the little camera a lot these days because the SLR is big and heavy and a pain in the ass to get into the backcountry when you're already trying to save weight and space to begin with.

I boat in with my greedy american boats ;)

011_zpsc32cfd6d.jpg

DD.jpg

I have a phobia of the ocean; and while I enjoy spending time at lakes whether on a boat or at shore, I don't like to swim in them. I prefer a nice pool.